By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What kind of review is this?!?!

I think grandmaster wrote this.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network

"I still consider Super Mario Sunshine to be one of the better games in the Mario franchise."

I'd say that says it all.

I mean I understand if people don't like the game...even though I am really enjoying playing this game myself, I understand that people have different tastes and that is normal....but to think that people really believe it is fair to attack a game and the system it plays on in the same blog? Because it is different from their preferences? Yes, I know the graphics are not like the graphics are on the PS3 or the 360 but the game isn't on those systems are they? Why compare it to them? If it was a multi-platform game then fine but it isn't, so there isn't a need for a comparison...all one has to do is ask themselves if the game is beautiful in general or lacking in general.

And then the attack on the controls....I mean, what the hell is that about? How hard is it to move your controller an inch or two to gather star bits? Or move your controller from the left...to the right...and then back to the left in less than a second just to make an attack? That was the ONLY two aspects of the Wii remote's motion function and yet those were "tacked-on"? Is it really that much of a bother?

I know I know...can't really get bothered by this guy at all....he has his preferences and I have mine....it's just really annoying that despite knowing he doesn't really like it, yet can't find sufficient reasons to smudge the fame and quality of this game, he has the galls to try to find pathetic reasons to hate the game.

Explanation of sig:

I am a Pakistani.....my name is Dan....how hard is that? (Don't ask about the 101...apparantely there are more of me out there....)

This guy should join 1UP, they are always looking for talented, professional and unbiased reviewers like him.

Hey he bought the game so that is good for Nintendo regardless of his opinion :)

Around the Network

Good ol nerdNET. I don't put much stock in them outside of purely technical breakdowns on similar devices, and even to be honest I've stopped using them for that much even. I swear the higher the price of your product, the higher their review score will be. I'm interested in how much time he actually spent playing Mario Galaxy. He really doesn't mention anything outside of stuff you'd experience in the demo, nothing specific or detailed. If you’re going to make a rebuttal, it’d help to highlight specific instances to highlight your points, as opposed to a generic flame bait post mostly used to advertise what you already decided on.

haha just let this guy die, sooner or later some1 will do the job

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

I've purchased a couple of high-tech gadgets off of Cnet reviews. In both cases, I could not have possibly disagreed more once I owned the product. I've poked around with a few other reviews they have thrown out there when looking for one gadget or another and I've found their reviews, overall, to pretty much be rubbish no matter what they are reviewing. I completely quit going to that site a couple of years ago... Maybe they have changed, but in the past, I've found nothing but fail on that site.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Why is it that every review that isn't glowing for SMG is "biased"? Maybe he just didn't like the game? I'm not defending him, I'm defending anyone that gave the game a 8.9 or below. They may not have had the fun that anyone personally has had with the game. Some people really liked HS even though it was panned, and some games like Z&W are critically loved but not bought. It may just be that he doesn't like the game. Just saying

tombi123 said:
although i think 7/10 is harsh, the title has a lot of truth in it. It just isn't the second best game of all time.

your right it isnt second best its first