By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God Of War 3 2 million

Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
Mummelmann said:
I can honestly say that I've never heard anyone say that it wouldn't pass 2 million. That it would pass it in merely a month seemed less likely a while back though!

Some said it would sell worse than GoW II because 1) install base difference or 2) GoW was a dying franchise.  GoW II  sold way less in its first month than GoW III, and the LTD sales difference will probably be even greater as a percentage. 

Those predictors are eating crow like the people who said MGS4 would have poor sales.  Whatever, same old FUD.  I can't *wait* for GT5 to drop.  Some heads are going to explode.

Yea,how is GoW a dying franchise?GT5 oh god watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQqmNxNTRY8 what a douch

Around the Network

The sell is already dying. It will take at lest 1 year to reach 3 million.

Call me when it hits 5 million. Certain games need to really do better then 2 million. God of War 3 is one of them. This is like A Mario game only selling 5 million. When it's been a 8 to 12 million seller.

Just because someone is saying something different. Doesn't mean their point of view is right!

Member Of The Wii Squad: Warriors of Light!

One of the 4 Yonkou of Youtube aka Wii Warlords. Other Members include ThaBlackBaron, Shokio, and Cardy.

TheWon said:
Call me when it hits 5 million. Certain games need to really do better then 2 million. God of War 3 is one of them. This is like A Mario game only selling 5 million. When it's been a 8 to 12 million seller.

God Of War 3 is not one of them. None of the previous games reached 5 million, so why should this one? Your comparison is ridiculous, Mario games have a track record of being huge sellers. That's why 5 million would be a letdown. God of War 3 is on track to be the best selling game in the franchise. How the hell is that a disappointment?

I am a gamer. Not a fanboy, not a troll, a gamer. So when you dont like what I have to say, remember this fact.