By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I am sick of all these updates!

I usually download to a PC first and it only takes around 5 minutes. But, I always wait a few days to avoid trying to get it at the same time as a lot of other people. Luckily, online gaming isn't that important to me. I assume each region has its own server(s) for this. If so, I wonder if there is any correlation with region.

Around the Network

lol sorry but that just sounds wrong :D

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Sorry haven't read all pages - but quickest approach I find is to actually download via PC onto a USB memory stick and install from there.

My PS3 update isn't nearly that slow, but downloading the update using my PC is normally twice as fast nonetheless and then it's an easy install from the memory stick.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

it takes around 2-3 min for me. fix ur internet connection

theprof00 said:
There is something wrong with the source of this information.
If you never have lag on the ps3 and wii60 download fine, then you have either a problem with exaggeration, or you are talking about "installing" the update, not downloading it.

If your ps3 never lags, then downloading is impossible to be a problem. Lag involves downloading and uploading bits from the net. An update downloads directly to your hard-drive, so, in effect, it is the exact same thing as playing online.
You must be complaining about installing the update, which I agree, tends to take several minutes, usually 3-10 on average.

I assure you I am not exaggerating, maybe possibly about the lag, but the recent uncharted 2 update took ~1 hour, same with the fallout 3 udate. The recent firmware update took around 1 1/2 hours.

Around the Network
DaHuuuuuudge said:
theprof00 said:
If you never have lag on the ps3 and wii60 download fine, then you have either a problem with exaggeration, or you are talking about "installing" the update, not downloading it.

If your ps3 never lags, then downloading is impossible to be a problem. Lag involves downloading and uploading bits from the net. An update downloads directly to your hard-drive, so, in effect, it is the exact same thing as playing online.
You must be complaining about installing the update, which I agree, tends to take several minutes, usually 3-10 on average.

I assure you I am not exaggerating, maybe possibly about the lag, but the recent uncharted 2 update took ~1 hour, same with the fallout 3 udate. The recent firmware update took around 1 1/2 hours.

is it the download or the install? the download happens first, and then the patch is applied. There are two separate progress bars involved. Is it the first one that takes a long time or the second one?

theprof00 said:
DaHuuuuuudge said:
theprof00 said:

is it the download or the install? the download happens first, and then the patch is applied. There are two separate progress bars involved. Is it the first one that takes a long time or the second one?

The download. Although my install isn't all too fast either.

are you using wireless, and is it encrypted?

Yes it is wireless, I do not know if it is encrypted, although I believe it is.

And FFS(!!!!) turns out that the system update didn't finish, but my ps3 just automatically shut off for no reason.

Ok so I decided to time the download. I am 1 hour in and ~13 % done.
Seriously, what the hell?