By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 16 - Brawlsville

Go ahead with it. I only think it would remove his powers if he confirmed it. If it's true, he can just not respond to it to avoid losing his power.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
I don't think that speculating of someone else's role could remove the person's ability. If that were so, one member of the Subspace Army could sacrifice himself to remove all our powers.

Well, obviously spamming wouldn't work.  "dsister's the cop, no, doctor, no, bodysnatcher, no wait TOS is the cop, doctor, ..."

But I agree with your assessment.  I think dsister may be the Reporter, as WoW was in a previous game.  He targets someone to "see if he's at home" (using a night ability), and the results are published in the morning.  I'm not sure if the results are published if the Reporter dies the same night, but if I was modding it would probably be yes. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Aren't we all supposed to have a power? That would make the reporter role pretty useless since pretty much everybody is doing something at night.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
Aren't we all supposed to have a power? That would make the reporter role pretty useless since pretty much everybody is doing something at night.

It could be sort of like the alternate role in the link.  He investigates people at Night, finds out their roles, and then at anytime he can ask the mod to 'Publish' his findings.  That would be an even stronger power role than a cop though.  Seems almost over-powered, and I'm not sure why Dsister would be so interested in trying to 'Follow the Cop' if this is indeed his role.

If this was my role, I would assume that I am that game's equivalent of the cop.  Then I have no business following Supermario because I think he is the cop.

How do you think the role works Final-Fan?  You mentioned that Dsister might be making an assumption that he shouldn't about his possible results.  I would think that he already investigated some people, unless he has very limited investigations.  I suppose limited investigations would be the way to weaken this powerful role.  Then there could still be a need for a cop.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing

TruckOSaurus said:

... I'm stupid.  theRepublic makes a nice save, and also explains why we've gone two nights without hearing anything from dsister. 

Alternatively, I could just be wrong. 

On another topic, at what point are we going to decide SM128 is not going to reply to Falcon?  'Cause I'm starting to get an itchy feeling in my voting arm. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

Around the Network

Not sure. Honestly I'm at a bit of a loss as to who to vote for right now. Supermario's actions are a bit strange, but it is nowhere near the feeling I had/have for Dsister. So that makes part of me just want to lynch a lurker instead.

Now Playing

But who's lurking? SciFiBoy?

Final-Fan said:

On another topic, at what point are we going to decide SM128 is not going to reply to Falcon?  'Cause I'm starting to get an itchy feeling in my voting arm. 

I can't reply when I'm at school. >_<

Just caught up with the thread. I'll admit maybe I should have used FoS instead of voting for people I though were suspicious, but I really see no difference if you can change your vote. I always play this way. No one has ever come after me for that before. But, if it confuses everyone then I WILL start using FoS more often instead of going straight to voting.

(I'll reply to his post in a bit.)

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Final-Fan said:
But who's lurking? SciFiBoy?

Maybe lurking isn't the right word, but I certainly feel there are a few players who haven't contributed a whole lot lately.  I listed four people in a post above.  There is also Trangentspree to add to that list.

I don't know, this Day just seems like it has started to flounder ever since giving Dsister an extra Day.

Now Playing

Falcon095 said:

"You are a know lurker almost every game you play" - That's irrelevant you can't seriously vote for somebody who has done something in past games in the first page of a new game unless its clear you're joking.

"And 2 posts the first 3 pages is posting in the beginning?" - That's kind of irrelevant, what matters is what happened before the vote not after, now to be fair I had made just 1-2 posts when you voted for me, but.. voting because of lurking in the first page of the game when there were players who hadn't posted at all? Seriously?

"I already said that I wanted to wait until you posted to see what you thought before I voted for you, and I did, you said nothing but a sumamry of the game.So, I voted for you." - Yeah but you supposly voted for FF because you had a hunch then I appear and post and you vote for me because of lurking? How odd is that? And No, I didn't post just a summary, maybe wasn't the best post ever but it wasn't just a summary

"I can vote how I chose to vote. Don't tell me how to play the game...." - Of course, we can all do whatever we want in this game I could vote for dsister and stick with that vote just for the hell of it, but that doesn't mean that would be right, I'm telling to change your vote playing because you're confusing us rather than helping us, and since I'm town I want to win and with that you're not helping (unless you're mafia that is)

"All my votes made sense to me. All should have made sense to you too. Most were explained why I chose to vote for them. Maybe not Nikells as much" - Seriously? Let's see Me -  Lurking in the first page

nikells - just because I think he's bad

FF - I had a hunch

Me - Lurking when I had just posted

Dsister - Acting weird and returning the favor

Can't you seriously see what's wrong with the reasons? The only one that could really make sense is the dsister one

"I've payed attention this whole game. Have you?"

If were paying that much of attention I wouldn't have to repeat stuff that I had repeated to you. And yes I have payed attention.

"Thanks for calling my votes lame. " - Well maybe your votes aren't lame but your stated reasons to vote are .

"Feel free to post one I missed and I'll answer it."- Lol... Seriously? I just said that you barely answer 2 of my post and you're asking me to tell you the post you didnt asnwer to? Fine

Falcon095 said:
supermario128 said:
Falcon095 said:

Mario:

First he voted for me stating that I needed to post more even when he hadnt post that much either and there were people who hadnt post at all then he voted for nikells without a good reason other than misunderstand him and said that he had a feeling that stef was towny but didnt do anything to help him. In the next day he immediatly voted for FF without a good reason (again)

And he named me in like 90% of his posts, I feel special

1- I had a good reason for not posting.... Unlike you.

2- Also, I only mentioned that you didn't post, even though you promised you would make a big post tomorrow....almost 3 days ago now? Everyone else has mentioned you too, not just me.

3- So, your "big post" turns out to be just a summary of what happened a while ago. Not even your opinion on anything?

4- Vote: Falcon

5- Unless something else happens to change my mind.

lol, your post made me laugh

1- First of all If paid attention you could see that I didn't even mention when you couldnt post because of your ISP problems, I mentioned that you hadnt posted that much either when you voted for me stating that I needed to post more, by that time all that you had posted was this, this, this and that.. quite lame to vote somebody for the reason stated above don't you think? And even if I had mentioned that you missed like 4 pages because of your ISP problem, how exactly do you know that I didn't have a good reason to post? Are you spying me or something that you know the reason I didn't post?

2- If you count every post in which you have said my name or has something to do with me there several post like... this, this, this, this, this, this, this, and that quite many don't you think

3- I think when I said that I would make a bigger post everybody assumed that I would make huge wall of text lol In my defense I was planning to do one like in the other game but I had so many problems that I got annoyed and did the one I posted. And you're wrong, I did added stuff to the post specially in your part. And even If I hadn't, I don't see how is that different from your typical post in which you either just agree and say the same of somebody or just vote for whatever reason you think

4- Care to say the reason? Or is it yet another nonsense vote? Dont you think you have made enough of these votes?

5- Can you at least tell us what exactly makes your mind "change"? All I have seen are gut feelings.

Falcon095 said:
supermario128 said:
 And my suspicion for FF has went down.

And Falcon, the only reason I mentioned you was because you were at the top of my suspicion list. And I don't see how my post was funny. Your posts are funnier than mine.

What has dsister done to make you suspect less of him?

Well, after looking at so many post with my name it's obvious that I was in the top of one of your lists

I'm sure that if you were the one reading the mistakes rather than doing them you would be laughing too

Now tell me.. How are my posts funnier

"You can't tell me how to vote..... I think I'm doing it the proper way" - Voting just because of a hunch is not a proper to vote.

Now, I have adressed everyone of your points, I expect you to do the same, either adress all my points or don't answer me, I don't want a yet another cherrypicked answer from you.

Falcon095 said:
dsister44 said:

@ Fair enough. But check out my playing in the second Death Note game. I was much crazier then.And I was a townie, and last game I was sanest of everyone...

@ Translation: I don't think you are scum but I am voting you anyways...

@ Even if you were crazier in the death note game that doesn't mean that acting crazy is a good thing, no matter what anybody thinks about it acting crazy is bad for the town (if you are towny, that is) because you confuse us and make us pay too much attention on you when we would be paying that attention to something else

@ Well he did mention the reason of why he's still voting you and with your attituted you can't blame him.

trangentspree said:

(And the irony of complaining about Falcon's absenteeism and then being absent myself doesn't escape me >_>)

HA! That's what happen when you mess with me

supermario128 said:
Falcon095 said:

Mario:

First he voted for me stating that I needed to post more even when he hadnt post that much either and there were people who hadnt post at all then he voted for nikells without a good reason other than misunderstand him and said that he had a feeling that stef was towny but didnt do anything to help him. In the next day he immediatly voted for FF without a good reason (again)

And he named me in like 90% of his posts, I feel special

1- I had a good reason for not posting.... Unlike you.

2- Also, I only mentioned that you didn't post, even though you promised you would make a big post tomorrow....almost 3 days ago now? Everyone else has mentioned you too, not just me.

3- So, your "big post" turns out to be just a summary of what happened a while ago. Not even your opinion on anything?

4- Vote: Falcon

5- Unless something else happens to change my mind.

lol, your post made me laugh

1- First of all If paid attention you could see that I didn't even mention when you couldnt post because of your ISP problems, I mentioned that you hadnt posted that much either when you voted for me stating that I needed to post more, by that time all that you had posted was this, this, this and that.. quite lame to vote somebody for the reason stated above don't you think? And even if I had mentioned that you missed like 4 pages because of your ISP problem, how exactly do you know that I didn't have a good reason to post? Are you spying me or something that you know the reason I didn't post?

2- If you count every post in which you have said my name or has something to do with me there several post like... this, this, this, this, this, this, this, and that quite many don't you think

3- I think when I said that I would make a bigger post everybody assumed that I would make huge wall of text lol In my defense I was planning to do one like in the other game but I had so many problems that I got annoyed and did the one I posted. And you're wrong, I did added stuff to the post specially in your part. And even If I hadn't, I don't see how is that different from your typical post in which you either just agree and say the same of somebody or just vote for whatever reason you think

4- Care to say the reason? Or is it yet another nonsense vote? Dont you think you have made enough of these votes?

5- Can you at least tell us what exactly makes your mind "change"? All I have seen are gut feelings.

You first two posts were more of jokes than anything else and didn't add anything. The reason I voted for you that time was becuase nothing was happening and I wanted to get things moving. Yes, a FoS could have done that just fine, but as soon as we learned something better that I thought was true I was going to change my vote.

It wasn't just because you made one post. It was because that one post was a joke and so was your next one after I voted for you.

No, it wasn't just a hunch, but I'll admit a FoS could have worked here better too. The way he was acting the previous day about not caring if Stelf would be lynched or not even though it seemed he was saying he was town was just off to me.

Yes, I'll start using FoS first from now on. You are right about that.

The first vote on you wasn't just for lurking. Loo kat my first point above.

The vote on FF wasn't just a "hunch". Look at my 3rd point above.

Your second point I already explained. (twice) I wanted to wait for your big post you promised before voting for you even though I was suspicios of you. I was still unsure, and after you post turned out to be a summary. (It was just a summary, no matter what you say)

The vote for Dsis shouldn't be argued about. He was acting crazy and I had had enough as did everyone else. However he started to act normal again in his later posts so I unvoted him.

I have had to repeat a lot to you as well it seems.....

Some of the reasons to make a vote could be seen as strange I guess. But its who I thought was most suspicious at the time who I had as my vote. Simple as that.

No I don't think that's lame to vote like that. And did you have a good reason to not post? It seems that was never answered. I'm not the only person that asked that.

Why does it matter how much times I said you name. Why not go count and see how much times I said FF's name as well?

Yes, when you promise to make a bigger post tomorrow. Don't just make a summary of what happened when you were gone. That's not going to make anyone happy.

I gave my reason above.

Yes, my mind does change a lot. It should the more people post and the more we learn don't you think?

Dsister has started to make more sense in his posts again at that point. Your posts are funnier because most of them in the beginning said. "Sorry I've been busy" then "Sorry still busy".

Yeah, I'll start using FoS instead for my hunches....

Now I have adressed all your points as well. If you have any other questions just ask. I don't see why I am being considered as big a suspect as Dsister for my voting changes. (I know most of them should have been FoS, but I've always played this way)

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089