By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 16 - Brawlsville

I would have talked more yesterday, but I was ill so I crashed early. I made a post and now I waiting to see what other people have to say about it. I am considering voting for Mario, depending on how he responds to it.

PSN ID: KingFate_

Around the Network
trangentspree said:

Well you seem to have overlooked my earlier post this day?

I'm baffled by dsister actively drawing so much attention to himself - because it is exactly not what I would expect a player with the ability he suggests he has to do, in fact it's the type of behaviour I would expect a player not afraid of getting nightkilled to do. That post was more my trying to make sense of this whole situation and certain things that I thought might go wrong with this plan.

1. dsister has hinted quite strongly what his role/ability might be, and it might be enough for j0 to nullify him. Alternatively, this might play into an excuse for dsister tomorrow if he's been lying to us, to claim he got nothing because he lost his role. I'm not saying this is likely to happen, but I want the possibiliy that it could to be stated.

2. dsister is now a very noisy and obvious target. Just surviving the night would be inherently suspicious - unless there is more about his role that we do not know or other factors come into play. If he does survive, and this mod notification comes true it should hopefully be enough to dispell any concern about this. But he's either very confident in his security or he's made a complete and continued botched job out of today and he's hoping to get very lucky.

In my earlier post I looked at dsister, falcon and mario because they stood out as most suspicious to me. I only ruled out falcon in my last post because he had become a lot more active finally and because I thought he was making some decent points - I'm not against the plan for waiting until tomorrow with dsister but I at least want the opportunity of looking at the thread more thoroughly than I was able to last night before deciding if I think mario or anybody else is more deserving of my vote right now.

1. What exactly have I said that would nullify my powers?

2. ... Why would the mafia kill me? I am much... much more afraid of being blocked.

theRepublic said:
Yay, Vetteman is here!

Not for very long,  Im at work and they have been monitoring everyones internet usage.  So I can only be on for short periods of time. 

dsister44 said:

2. ... Why would the mafia kill me? I am much... much more afraid of being blocked.

1. I'm not worried about that.

2. From what I understand, you claim to somehow to be able to reveal someone's alignment.  Since it is unlikely that the Subspace Army would have this power, it pretty much confirms that you are pro-town.  Whoever you use the ability on will be confirmed to be pro-town or anti-town.  So in effect, you are revealing the alignment of two players.  The abilities you claim to have are very much like a cop, although you say that is not what you are.  I'm sure the Subspace Army would like to see the cop dead, so why wouldn't they also like to see someone with abilities like the cop dead?

My impression of your ability was that it took place during the day, with the mod notification.  I thought that blocking could only happen at night.  So I am curious as to why you are worried about potentially being blocked.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

theRepublic said:
dsister44 said:

2. From what I understand, you claim to somehow to be able to reveal someone's alignment.  Since it is unlikely that the Subspace Army would have this power, it pretty much confirms that you are pro-town.  Whoever you use the ability on will be confirmed to be pro-town or anti-town.  So in effect, you are revealing the alignment of two players.  The abilities you claim to have are very much like a cop, although you say that is not what you are.  I'm sure the Subspace Army would like to see the cop dead, so why wouldn't they also like to see someone with abilities like the cop dead?

My impression of your ability was that it took place during the day, with the mod notification.  I thought that blocking could only happen at night.  So I am curious as to why you are worried about potentially being blocked.

I think he is assuming there is a role blocker.

PSN ID: KingFate_

Around the Network

Hmmm did dsister44 get caught up in his lies? theRepublic brings a good point, why would you be worried about getting blocked if your ability works in a similar way as Final-Fan's from last game?

Also, an ability that you use at night and then comes with a mod notification during the next day sounds like a bit of a stretch to me.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
trangentspree said:
Final-Fan said:
Well, trangent's weighed in now, but I'm still unsatisfied.  He talks a lot about dsister being weird and suspicious (which is true), and finishes by saying he's considering voting him, but without ever coming up with an objection to the current plan of waiting till tomorrow to see if he can prove his innocence.  And he says that dsister's painted a big target on himself, which is also true, but wouldn't that be another reason to NOT lynch?  Let the mafia do it for us? 
FoS trangentspree

Well you seem to have overlooked my earlier post this day?

I'm baffled by dsister actively drawing so much attention to himself - because it is exactly not what I would expect a player with the ability he suggests he has to do, in fact it's the type of behaviour I would expect a player not afraid of getting nightkilled to do. That post was more my trying to make sense of this whole situation and certain things that I thought might go wrong with this plan.

1. dsister has hinted quite strongly what his role/ability might be, and it might be enough for j0 to nullify him. Alternatively, this might play into an excuse for dsister tomorrow if he's been lying to us, to claim he got nothing because he lost his role. I'm not saying this is likely to happen, but I want the possibiliy that it could to be stated.

2. dsister is now a very noisy and obvious target. Just surviving the night would be inherently suspicious - unless there is more about his role that we do not know or other factors come into play. If he does survive, and this mod notification comes true it should hopefully be enough to dispell any concern about this. But he's either very confident in his security or he's made a complete and continued botched job out of today and he's hoping to get very lucky.

In my earlier post I looked at dsister, falcon and mario because they stood out as most suspicious to me. I only ruled out falcon in my last post because he had become a lot more active finally and because I thought he was making some decent points - I'm not against the plan for waiting until tomorrow with dsister but I at least want the opportunity of looking at the thread more thoroughly than I was able to last night before deciding if I think mario or anybody else is more deserving of my vote right now.

1. His action being nullified is a non-issue for me because if he pulls that excuse, I'm SO lynching him. I also don't think he crossed the line where he would be robbed of his power.

2. We have at least one protective role, night 1 proved this, so dsister44 might be counting on protection tonight to make it to tomorrow. Also, this puts the mafia in a delicate situation, will they target him to prevent him from clearing two person tomorrow (himself and whoevere his ability targets) at the risk of having their night kill wasted because he's protected.

1.  I completely agree with TOS, and additionally I am completely sure that dsister is NOT in any danger of this; he has said NOTHING specific about his role other than something blatant and undeniable will happen in the day.  In fact I suspect you, trangent, are repeatedly making this comment in the hope that it will incite the Hand to do exactly that. 

2.  This point does absolutely nothing to support a lynch of dsister.  And you say you're not opposed to the plan of waiting, but you had said your vote was "between dsister and supermario", which implied you didn't agree with the plan. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

KingFate said:
theRepublic said:
dsister44 said:

I think he is assuming there is a role blocker.

Why does it even matter if there is a role blocker?  Role blockers operate at night, not during the day.  Or so I assume.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

TruckOSaurus said:
Hmmm did dsister44 get caught up in his lies? theRepublic brings a good point, why would you be worried about getting blocked if your ability works in a similar way as Final-Fan's from last game?

Also, an ability that you use at night and then comes with a mod notification during the next day sounds like a bit of a stretch to me.

Even before he said that, I had a suspicion about his role.  His worry about being blocked in the night dovetails perfectly with this suspicion:  it WOULD be an action performed at night that would have results posted by the Hand in the (beginning of) the day. 

However, it would not be proof of someone's alignment.  If I'm correct, dsister is making an assumption he shouldn't about what the results of his ability will prove. 

I don't think that me revealing my guess will take away dsister's ability, but I'd like the Hand to weigh in, or at least a few of you guys, before I do. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

I don't think that speculating of someone else's role could remove the person's ability. If that were so, one member of the Subspace Army could sacrifice himself to remove all our powers.

Signature goes here!