By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 16 - Brawlsville

Oh please do.
And @ dsister: tell us if he's wrong. We can infer what we like if you are silent.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network
Final-Fan said:
Oh please do.

I'm thinking about it.  I also think I would rather Dsister do it himself though.

At any rate, I won't be letting the day end without one of us saying what is going on.  Or maybe Supermario could chime in on this.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

theRepublic said:

The point of the post was to try and get some clarification from you.  Which you have avoided for around 40 posts now.

What hints?

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?post=3381439
http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?post=3381514
http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?post=3382072 (response 1)
http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?post=3382240
http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?post=3383702

I'm sure you are worried about losing your role, but I think you can be a lot less subtle without needing to worrying about that.

Or should I just spell out what I think is going on for everyone?

yes, please do... I really have no idea what you are talking about. 

Fine then.

The only reason for Dsister to believe Supermario so blindly is that he has some piece of information that the rest of us do not have. If that is not true, then Dsister is guilty of very bad play. Dsister is much smarter than that, so I am assuming the former.

Does anyone remember the pro-town thief from the fantasy themed game a few rounds back? Every night, the thief would steal an item from someone. It had no effect on anyone's abilities, but it gave the thief an idea as to what that person's role was.

I believe that Dsister has a similar ability, and that he targeted Supermario last night. Whatever result he got, it has him trusting Supermario. So much so that he wants to vote the same as him. This post pretty much confirms what role that might be: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?post=3381514

The problem that I see here, is that if Supermario is the cop, I doubt that he investigated Final-Fan last night. I would have expected him to investigate Nikells. So even if Supermario is the cop, he still could just be voting on a hunch. So just voting with him isn't necessarily going to lead to a lynch of scum.

Another possibility is that Dsister himself is the cop, and Supermario got lucky with his vote. It seems to be more simple (Occam's razor), but I don't think the beginning of this day would have played out the way it did if Dsister had the guilty investigation on Final-Fan.

Following the example in the OP, the cop could say "X is guilty" or "Y is innocent" and still keep his powers. If the cop has a guilty investigation, he should just come forward and say it. If the cop only has innocent investigations, he should stay hidden.

With the above paragraph (the one about what the cop can say) in mind, I have a proposal for the town:

If the cop has a guilty verdict, he should say it in a way that he keeps his powers. If the cop comes forward, we lynch whoever he says is guilty. If the cop doesn't come forward, we go along with Supermario and Dsister. If Final-Fan comes up guilty, great. If Final-Fan comes up innocent, we lynch Dsister. Or Supermario. Or Dsister AND Supermario. At this point I would strongly prefer only a lynch of Dsister if Final-Fan comes up innocent.

So, Dsister, are you willing to stake your life on Final-Fan's guilt? Or should we wait for Supermario to comment? Or should we forget about lynching Final-Fan?

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing

theRepublic said:
Does anyone remember the pro-town thief from the fantasy themed game a few rounds back? Every night, the thief would steal an item from someone. It had no effect on anyone's abilities, but it gave the thief an idea as to what that person's role was.

I believe that Dsister has a similar ability, and that he targeted Supermario last night. Whatever result he got, it has him trusting Supermario. So much so that he wants to vote the same as him. This post pretty much confirms what role that might be: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?post=3381514

dsister, I want you to reply to this post by saying one of two things: 
"I can honestly say that theRepublic is off track in his suspicions about my role"
"I like kittens"

Either way, I am innocent so if SM128 is the cop he is still voting me on his gut feeling ... unless I got body snatched or something. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

Around the Network

I'm none of that stuff...

*thinks about roleclaiming*

I'll give you guys a hint... think ninjas and bikinis

Also, if there is ever a cop out there who investigates 3 people who are all still alive (tomorrow at earliest IIRC), he should come forward with that information even if they are all innocent. Contrary to what theRepublic said.

Zero Suit Samus springs to mind, but she actually does not fit either thing you mentioned. Sheik is closer on the ninja part, but further away on the bikini part.

Also I'm going AFK for a few hours.

dsister44 said:

Zelda/sheik :P

Also does this mean therepublis'c point was mute, or should we wait for mario's response, oh and has anyone noticed the absence of tragent, falcon, sci-fi, and vetta?

dsister44 said:

So are you saying you don't have a good reason for trusting Supermario?

You didn't answer my questions at the end of the post either.

Now Playing