By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 16 - Brawlsville

I agree that with this info about the Primids it seems very likely that there is one last Primid out there.

I think theRepublic is a very good suspect because he has been so sure that there were NOT 4 SSA members, and also his big theory that almost saved Vetteman.

I would put hatmoza pretty much at the bottom of my Primid suspect list, I believe he's Ganondorf and the only question is what Ganondorf's true agenda is.

Tanstalas and supermario are not very suspected by me, Tanstalas for his general demeanor yesterday as well as his suspicion of Vetteman; and SM128 for basically being the fall guy and being consistent in his roleclaim and also his posts/information in general yesterday would be VERY odd IMO if he was faking.

theRepublic is a really clever guy and could be faking doctor; on the other hand, TOS could have thrown Vetteman under the bus to save himself, with Vetteman escaping the bus-throw being an extremely nice bonus (almost). (I don't know if this means much considering V94 was not posting much, but often mafia fingered by cops accuse them of lying and not being cops but mafia themselves etc.)

But I just thought of something: SM128's role sounds kind of like it could plausibly be a Boom Primid compatible ability, taking other people's actions into itself to use (with his boomerang). So that's something to consider.

At this point I'd like TOS and Republic to STRONGLY consider roleclaiming for us to evaluate. I know we'll lose the doctor and/or cop, but I think it's worth it to evaluate if one of you is a wolf in sheep's clothing. I'm kind of a hypocrite here since I don't think I have to do the same, since there's a lot of outside information people have said about me. But if it becomes necessary I will.

If neither of you are Primid, and there really were only 3 SSA, then the cop is useless anyway and probably so is the doctor and the game will only end when we lynch hatmoza.

So what do people think of this proposal?

P.S. @ SM128: Republic not backing down just because you roleclaimed isn't exactly shocking; after all, if you lied you would still be a Primid with your powers.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

TruckOSaurus, please tell me you investigated me last night.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

c03n3nj0 said:
  • Big Primid who likes playing with Fire - You are a soldier of the Subspace Army! There are countless with you, but only your partners are in charge of taking over this town.

During the Day you vote. During the night you may PM your buddies and decide who to kill. You win when you and your buddies make up at least 50% of the town.

Big ability- You can bloat up into a big, bubbly Primid. You’re so bouncy now! Anything that happens to you will just bounce off. You can also try to protect your other comrades by standing in front of them.

Fire Ability- Fire is your favorite weapon. Whenever your boss tells you to attack, you always use fire as your trusty killing utensil.

It seems our mod changed the description a little.  I think the Subspace are gone now, and we are left with someone with an alternate win condition.  The fact that no one died last night makes me think that is the case, but then again, it could just have something to do with how the night actions went.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing

Also, I guess Vetteman's role explains how he had protection.  He was basically a doctor who protected his target and himself at the same time.  How he let SuperAdriank die is a mystery to me though.  I figured the scum doc would protect the most important member every night.  Although with a tracker in the game I guess that could ultimately be a way to figure out SuperAdriank was scum.

Now Playing

Tanstalas said:

Vote: theRepublic

Can we please wait for TruckOSaurus to get here before voting for me?  If he investigated me last night I will be cleared.

Now Playing

Around the Network

Goddammit VGC 3.0!!! I made a huge post this morning.... grrrr!

Signature goes here!

I'll do a short version of my post:

- I went into hiding last night, no investigation

- I think "you and your two partners" means there's no more SSA. I'm not ruling out a fourth member but don't think it's likely.

My picks for lynching:

1st place: hatmoza, he may have lost his powers but I think his win conditions are still active which now prevents us from winning. Also, the contradictions between his version and trangent's indicate that they aren't telling the whole truth, probably persuing a hidden agenda.

2nd: theRepublic, for his Vetteman defense but since I'm pretty confident he's the doctor (from the events of Day 4 edit: 5 since we're on day 6 today), I really don't think there would be a SSA doctor especially since Vetteman was already a protective role. So he's more of a backup plan in case hatmoza's lynching does end the game.

Also, I'm leaning towards Final-Fan's plan of full disclosure from everyone to weed out scum.

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:

I'll do a short version of my post:

- I went into hiding last night, no investigation

There was really no need for that.  *Wink*

Now Playing

Since TruckOSaurus didn't investigate me last night I guess I will do a full defense.

Supermario128 said:

Vetteman being scum also proves Trucks really is some sort of "cop" and now I want to hear from theRepublic as to why he was so sure vetteman was innocent until the last minute and if he really is the doctor.

With the Godfather dying, I thought that there was no way there was a scum doc.  Apparently I was spectacularly wrong.  The scum cop could not only protect someone, but himself at the same time.  It leaves me very confused why he didn't protect the Godfather every night and just have SciFiBoy do all the killing.  The scum already knew who wasn't on there side, so I'm not sure why knowing someone's character would be that great for them.

Supermario128 said:

If I had to guess I would say theRepublic is the last remaining scum based on how he acted yesterday and how he was reluctant to change his vote even though I role claimed and lost my powers, saying "alright, fine" as if he really didn't want to vote for vetteman.

That's right, I didn't really want to vote for Vetteman.  Based on the information I had, it seemed like you lied to the town, and then you were asking me to trust you that you let the investigation go through.  In the end, I figured it would be good enough to lynch you Today.  Remember, I voted for Vetteman after TruckOSaurus revealed his investigation.  It was only after your claim as to what you did on Night Three that I switched.

I think that we should lynch Hatmoza Today.  The contradictions between him and Trangentspree still bother me, and if lynching him doesn't end the game, then we can be sure that there is another Subspace member out there.

Now Playing

Does anyone know if there is still a way to do manual quote boxes?  What I tried didn't work.

Now Playing