By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 16 - Brawlsville

Tanstalas said:

I could be wrong on this, going from memory, and if I am am wrong someone will correct me...

Did I read somewhere that FF = Luigi/Jailperson?  Can FF confirm if on the 3rd night he tried to protect vette?  Not in like so many words, as I wouldn't want you to roleclaim...

It was confirmed he was Luigi but he is not online now so it looks like we will have to play the waiting game.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Around the Network
supermario128 said:
Tanstalas said:
I could be wrong on this, going from memory, and if I am am wrong someone will correct me...

Did I read somewhere that FF = Luigi/Jailperson?  Can FF confirm if on the 3rd night he tried to protect vette?  Not in like so many words, as I wouldn't want you to roleclaim...

It was confirmed he was Luigi but he is not online now so it looks like we will have to play the waiting game.

Tanstalas' memory is correct in that it has been stated I am Luigi, but not by me.  I believe that TOS, for example, is highly confident of this. 

As for night actions directed at Vetteman, I will direct you to my previous comment:  "With [theRepublic's] testimony, I am convinced that Vetteman never received protection of any kind unless he did it by way of a copycat role, which ..."  I have nothing more to say on the subject. 

As for SM128's role claim, it seems to me that it's only vaguely similar to the actual Sandbag role.  On the other hand, it strikes me as genuine, just as a gut reaction.  That still leaves us with a quandary:  how could Vetteman have been protected if not by a town protective role, if he's not Kirby?  Well, it's possible he's a mafia copycat or mafia doctor.  After all, SFB's the one who namedropped Kirby in the first place.  But on the other hand, it would have been smart of SFB to give a true reading to get a townie on his side.  I'm just not sure now. 

Unvote supermario128
[edit:  and by "Sandbag role" I mean character in the game.  Although SM128's usage to absorb, absorb, absorb, does fit )

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

I'm not familiar with Super Smash Bro's so I had to do some wiki reading..

Anyhow..

Tanstalas:
cleared by kingfate

hatmoza
roleclaimed to be Ganondorf basically, possibly has a seperate win scenerio, reading the wiki says that he turned on Tabuu/Master hand - thinking that if we knock Tabuu/Master Hand out of the game before we knock Ganondorf out he will win?

supermario128
Roleclaimed to be the sandbag, I can't see that he would be lying about this, as if you are going to pick someone from the super smash bro world, I don't think I would pick a "neutral" object, I think I would pick someone like a diddy kong, Pikachu, Peach, etc

vetteman94
TOS says he is scum

TruckOSaurus
No idea - possible cop role

theRepublic
No idea, possibly a doctor type role

Final-Fan
Think he is luigi

Based on the above I am thinking to vote for Vette for 2 reasons:
1)TOS's claim that he is SSA
2)SFB's roleclaim where he said Vette was Kirby, and he also said that therepublic was Luigi - a confirmed SSA member saying these 2 people were Luigi/Kirby - basically saying they were pro-town, and we know that SFB was scum now.

I'm thinking of revoting Vette and if he turns out to be scum and game continues we look at therepublic

Now, if we vote Vette and he is scum, I'm just afraid that Hatmoza will win, with a possible 'other win' scenerio, however, we don't have enough people to take out that many people with lynches..

Vette, Therepublic and SM128 are all on my radar, in that order, depending on if Vette is scum or not, if he isn't then switch therepuplic with SM128

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

Vetteman, I think it's time you explained your role a little bit more.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Tanstalas said:
SFB's roleclaim where he said Vette was Kirby, and he also said that therepublic was Luigi - a confirmed SSA member saying these 2 people were Luigi/Kirby - basically saying they were pro-town, and we know that SFB was scum now.

I'm thinking of revoting Vette and if he turns out to be scum and game continues we look at therepublic

Now, if we vote Vette and he is scum, I'm just afraid that Hatmoza will win, with a possible 'other win' scenerio, however, we don't have enough people to take out that many people with lynches..

Vette, Therepublic and SM128 are all on my radar, in that order, depending on if Vette is scum or not, if he isn't then switch therepuplic with SM128

1.  That's a fair point, I think that's enough to make me
Vote Vetteman94
pending whatever defense obviously. 

2.  I don't think you have to worry about a "stealth win" by hatmoza.  If he has a separate win condition, either he has to get rid of us all which would take more days or he can win without stopping the town from also winning.  Like Link would have if he killed Ganondorf.  

Soon I'm going to sleep.  I'm sorry if you don't like that I'm voting and then sleeping, but I'm confident things will be OK.  When I wake up I intend to view all the happenings ASAP.  Intend

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

Around the Network
Final-Fan said:
Tanstalas said:
SFB's roleclaim where he said Vette was Kirby, and he also said that therepublic was Luigi - a confirmed SSA member saying these 2 people were Luigi/Kirby - basically saying they were pro-town, and we know that SFB was scum now.

1.  That's a fair point, I think that's enough to make me
Vote Vetteman94
pending whatever defense obviously. 

2.  I don't think you have to worry about a "stealth win" by hatmoza.  If he has a separate win condition, either he has to get rid of us all which would take more days or he can win without stopping the town from also winning.  Like Link would have if he killed Ganondorf.  

Soon I'm going to sleep.  I'm sorry if you don't like that I'm voting and then sleeping, but I'm confident things will be OK.  When I wake up I intend to view all the happenings ASAP.  Intend

By my count Vetteman has 2 votes now and SM128 has 2...

Vetteman, can you add anything to your defense?  Basically the only defense from you is what theRepublic said, which really you just agreed to..  I'm thinking that you couldn't think of a good excuse and when you saw that theRepublic came up with a defense for you you grabbed onto that like a fat kids grabs onto his smarties..

Also would like to hear TOS's thoughts on this, since he is the one who originally said that Vette was scum, and then pulled back on his vote as he didn't want the day to end, haven't heard from him since he posed a couple questions to theRepublic (which were answered).

@Hatmoza the last thing you said was "Why would therepublic lie though? Vetteman's butt is on the line not his ... unless it's a last second attempt to rescue a fellow scum?" - Just wondering what your views were and if you have anything to add?

I think the below is what we are sitting at:

Vote Count  (Day 5)
Vetteman94: supermario128, Tanstalas (L-2)
supermario128: theRepublic, Vettemna94 (L-2)
Not Voting:  Final-Fan, TruckOSaurus, hatmoza
With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch - and 3 to double lynch.

Vetteman94: supermario128, Final-Fan (L-2)

supermario128: theRepublic, Vettemna94 (L-2)

Not Voting:  Tanstalas, TruckOSaurus, hatmoza

I forgot to mention something in point 1. I was also thinking this:

Lynching Vetteman gives us an obvious suspect no matter what -- SM128 if V94 is innocent, theRepublic if V94 is guilty. SM128's lynch only does that with one result, with an (admittedly very small) possibility of sparing two SSA/mafia. And V94 is, after all, the one with a guilty investigation hanging over his head.

Alright, fine.

Unvote

Vote: Vetteman

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

FF made a good point

Voye: Vetteman

As well, if there is a person that can switch people, thinking maybe switch theRepublic with SM128, that way if he gets targeted, as he may be a doctor then they will kill SM128 instead, who we think may be scum anyhow :)