By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 completion will 'anger' Yamauchi

Gran Turismo 5 completion will 'anger' Yamauchi

Polyphony boss says he won't be satisfied with final product

0diggsdigg
Polyphony Digital boss Kazunori Yamauchi has claimed that he will be left "angry" when work on Gran Turismo 5 is finally complete - and predicted he won't be satisfied with the final product.

Sony has delayed the release of GT5 numerous times - and racing fans are still waiting on a release date.

A firm date is expected at E3 in June - with all eyes pointed towards the end of 2010.

"I'd probably be relieved [to finish development] in terms of having fulfilled my responsibilities, but I may be angry at the same time," Yamauchi told the latest issue of CVG sister mag PSM3.

"As it has been with all of the releases so far, I'm never fully satisfied with what I create."

Gran Turismo 5 Official trailer
2:09  A cinematic of Sony's flagship racer

Now playing More videos Share this  

His comments come as part of a eight-page racing preview spectacular in May's PSM3, which also features F12010, Modnation racers, Blur, Split/Second and more.

Lets hope he gets angry relatively soon

Around the Network

lol why do u want him to get angry relatively soon?? :)

Ghazi4 said:
lol why do u want him to get angry relatively soon?? :)

so the game is completed soon :)

now thats a good developer. never satisfied with his work. nowing he and his team can do better. just like team ico and m.r nintendo.

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
now thats a good developer. never satisfied with his work. nowing he and his team can do better. just like team ico and m.r nintendo.

Agreed 100% E3 this year is gonna ROCK!

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

Well, that is one boss I wouldn't want to work for :P

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

being a perfectionist sure is a bitch ain't it?

LOL,huge different

Dan Greenawalt, director of Forza Motorsport 3 at Turn 10 Studios, said: “Basically we’ve proven ourselves, that we can deliver a simulator no-one else can touch. For this version we made improvements but we’re actually running out of improvements to make because no-one else is doing the stuff we’re doing.

"I’ve made my job much, much, much harder. And that was the goal, right? In this version we’re saying we’ll perfect the racing game and start taking it beyond. What other racing game features do I want to do? Yeah there are a couple of little things, very small. They’re not easy, but they’re small.”

coolbeans said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

That's coming on way too strong.  Sure good devs would like to find a way to improve upon something but never being satisfied with your work?  I can't imagine that as being a strong sign to point to when talking about good developers.

It's kinda good actually. It means they keep striving for more.

the game must be too crappy for him to be angry about.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.