By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Have you seen the inovation promissed?This gen should end in yr. 2020

Think about it. We’ve spent to much money this gen because of the cost of game development. Too many studios have failed due to not making a profit because they failed to make back the cost of development.  Shouldn’t this gen end when the cost has gone down. Hey they keep saying they maxed out these consoles but has it truly happened. Think about this. Have you seen the innovation you where promised. I’ve seen some but not enough to say this gen should end. If the development cost don’t go down we will end up paying 70$ a game in the 8th gen! Budgets this gen have been between 20m and 100m. Don’t any of you think those cost should go down before we start talking about the 8th gen.

Around the Network

hell no! its the same thing with just pretty graphics and the Wii, you could argue that they innovated motion control (sure they did) but hardware power took a hit. IMO this is the worst gen ever. Each console had at least one major problem 360=RROD, PS3=was way to expensive, developers not learning the machine, Wii=terrible 3rd party support, weak online, and overall weak hardware (storage, graphics)

RolStoppable said:
But... the PS3 is only on a ten year plan.

so! shouldn't we get more out of these consoles. how mutch money have you spent this gen.

Yeah i wish that would happen.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

@RolStoppable gonna have to disagree with u there I think the Wii is done, unless 3rd parties take it seriously, which they havent and with Natal & Move on the way I dont think they will. Graphics, I think there already maxed out, Wii will never look like PS360. Galaxy looks better than Sunshine

Around the Network
Aion said:
Yeah i wish that would happen.

@RolStoppable u think Other M looks better than Galaxy 2??? they look about the same to me. both look great, but if Nintendo cant max out their own system who can??? The Wii's success is not in question, just the quality of games (besides first party). IMO Move or Natal will be treated better by 3rd parties, simply because they do better buisness on those systems, only time will tell. matter of fact not even Nintendo is really taking advantage of the "motion" thing. Mario, Metroid, those could have been done without the wiimote and whatever motion those games support isnt groundbreaking. I wish I had more games like Red Steel 2 and no one is delivering

dito. thats the kind of response im looking for.

RolStoppable said:
Lots of money, but that doesn't matter.

I want this gen to last longer because there's still so much that could be done on the Wii. Not only in terms of controls and underserved genres, but also graphicswise. Most games barely reach the bar set by subpar Gamecube games.

dito. now thats the kind of response im looking for.

oniyide said:
@RolStoppable gonna have to disagree with u there I think the Wii is done, unless 3rd parties take it seriously, which they havent and with Natal & Move on the way I dont think they will. Graphics, I think there already maxed out, Wii will never look like PS360. Galaxy looks better than Sunshine

good point but i think you know i wasn't referring to the wii. but can you honestly tell me that the ps360 are maxed out.