By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No charges in teen's Florida boot camp death.....

I learn of this case about 3 years back on cnn and its a case that really upset me.  14 year old Martin Lee Anderson was send to this boot camp and within 3 hours he was dead.  He was beated by 7 guards while a nurse stood by and let it happen, plus it was video taped, all 7 of been let off today.

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/04/16/florida.boot.camp.death/index.html  from CNN today.

The guards were punching him even as he laid dieding.  But the thing is the nurse could of stopped it at anytime but she choose not too.  But the lads mother has vowed to take the case further.

More than four years after the death of 14-year-old Florida boot camp inmate Martin Lee Anderson, the U.S. Department of Justice has announced no federal criminal civil rights charges will be filed against eight staff members.  The announcement effectively closes the case.

In 2007, a Florida jury found seven guards and a nurse not guilty of  manslaughter and related charges in Anderson's death. Anderson was African-American, and the guards were white and African-American.

Im not a american and it has nothing to do with me as im from the UK but its really shocking and checking back over the last 10 years its not a one-off.

PC gaming rules.....

Around the Network

And they were playing the Wii?

Sorry, wrong forum :( sorry was supose to go into the Off topic forum...

PC gaming rules.....