By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Mood Setter! ALAN WAKE Soundtrack. Poets of The Fall. Must view.

Here comes the spine chilss guys. Remember this from the Building a thriller trailer?

Heres the official full version from the Alan Wake soundtrack. Man this is gonna wipe the floor with Resi and Silent Hill. Bring it on.

Around the Network
selnor said:

Here comes the spine chilss guys. Remember this from the Building a thriller trailer?

Heres the official full version from the Alan Wake soundtrack. Man this is gonna wipe the floor with Resi and Silent Hill. Bring it on.

Is it really necessary for you to say that it will wipe the floor with other games with large fanbases on this site? Is it possible for you to start a thread without trying to start a flame war?

In any case, watched the 10 min trailer, game looks like its going to be fantastic.  

BW_JP said:
selnor said:

Is it really necessary for you to say that it will wipe the floor with other games with large fanbases on this site? Is it possible for you to start a thread without trying to start a flame war?

In any case, watched the 10 min trailer, game looks like its going to be fantastic.  

IT wasnt a direct measure against the series. Can I just add. But more the poorly performing Resi 5 and SH Homecoming. In terms of reviews for those series.

However AW does look to have an atmosphere niether the other series have had.

Fits the game very well. Just a few more weeks away.

I have to say though...nothing, and I mean NOTHING, touches Silent Hill 1-4. Especially 1.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Cmon this isn't a flame thread at all, let's not be obsessive lol
OT: The music is pretty cool and kind of fits in the game. Definetly gonna check more songs by poets of the fall.

Around the Network
huaxiong90 said:

I have to say though...nothing, and I mean NOTHING, touches Silent Hill 1-4. Especially 1.

We will see I guess. But Alan Wake certainly seems to have the best atmosphere so far for this genre. Part is due to the technology though.

selnor said:
huaxiong90 said:

We will see I guess. But Alan Wake certainly seems to have the best atmosphere so far for this genre. Part is due to the technology though.

Oh, I was referring to the music, regarding environment and atmosphere, Alan Wake takes that crown in my eyes.

But the music...I don't know, mate. Some of the videos I've seen, the music seems to be more action oriented rather than just plain creepy and unnerving like Silent Hill.

Silent Hill music with this game would just clinch it.

huaxiong90 said:
selnor said:
huaxiong90 said:

Oh, I was referring to the music, environment and atmosphere, Alan Wake takes that crown in my eyes.

But the music...I don't know, mate. Some of the videos I've seen, the music seems to be more action oriented rather than just plain creepy and unnerving like Silent Hill.

Silent Hill music with this game would just clinch it.

If I remeber rightly Remedy chose against it. Instead to put the creaking of the woods as they come to life right through the DD 5.1.

Apparantly ity's much more scarier according to them. To be honest Ive heard it briefly in the police chase vid. And to be honest with my sound setup I'm gonna lineup changes of pants.

^ I have no doubts this game is going to be one of the creepiest games ever made and make it to many top 10 lists, and I also have no doubts it's going to be one of the best games of this generation for me, but music plays a huge role in just how scary a game is. We'll find out soon enough just how it measures up.

Wasn't Late Goodbye in Max payne 2? That song is incredibly awesome.