By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Without a doubt in my mind Kratos would annihilate Link.

letsdance said:
Khuutra said:
Wonktonodi said:
The Triforce is a sacred relic that reappears throughout the Legend of Zelda series. These golden sacred triangles were left behind by the three Golden Goddesses — Din, the Goddess of Power; Nayru, the Goddess of Wisdom; and Farore, the Goddess of Courage — after the creation of the land of Hyrule. It was formed at the point where they ascended to the heavens, in a different dimension connected to Hyrule called the Sacred Realm, which would later be referred to as the "Golden Land." The Triforce consists of three separate sacred golden triangles: the Triforce of Power (top), the Triforce of Wisdom (left), and the Triforce of Courage (right).

The Triforce has the power to grant the wish of whoever touches it, and molds the Sacred Realm to reflect that person's heart

from
http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Triforce
so it would give link one wish. The molding the sacred realm part wouldn't mean much since that's now where you guys have it taking place.

It doesn't really give just one wish. If it did, then Link wouldn't have been able to do everything he did. It grants the heart's desire, and that can mean a lot more than what can be fulfilled in a single wish. Someone holding the Triforce is omnipotent.

As for my favorites? I have a special place in my heart for Majora's Mask and Wind Waker, I guess, but all the Zeldas are wonderful games.

Even if I can't beat Adventure of Link.

Whats with you discreditting this website? Seriously... who am I suppose to believe? A website that is probablly user created and probablly has lots of people looking at this stuff or one random guy on a forum. Seriously I havent played all zeldas and never claimed to but I seriously feel like you are posting made up stuff since the ones I have played dont mention the things you say. So either the games I havent played mentiuon it and its my bad luck, you are making stuff up, or you are interpretting it wrong... either way the website goes against 2 things youve said.

they might have some things wrong but if in your fight between Kratos and Link and Link has the Triforce.  Even if it's not omnipitent.  One wish would be more than enough for Link to win.  I've not played gow3 yet so I don't know if there is anything to the extent where any of the gods can just grant wishes. If they could they'd probably be alive.  So like they say be careful what you wish for.  You got your fight with all the Links combined and he gets to have his wish

Around the Network
letsdance said:
Kasz216 said:

Or... to just save time..

He grants a LOT of wishes... it's REALLY worth playing LttP though.  It's my favorite Zelda by a mile.

Looks to me like its one wish "Now touch with A wish in your heart." And if the triforce was omnipotent how does Ganon get "completely destroyed" before the triforce grants his wish? Inconsistant galore. Link could wish to have the power to defeat kratos but the triforce might send him on a quest to get an object before his wish is complete Kratos can destroy him.

See this is where not playing Link to the Past is going to have hurt you.  Every thing different there is a different wish.  Ever think he kept touching it with... different wishes?  Like held on to it and kept holding differnt wishes in his heart.

Khuutra said:
Wonktonodi said:
Khuutra said:

It doesn't really give just one wish. If it did, then Link wouldn't have been able to do everything he did. It grants the heart's desire, and that can mean a lot more than what can be fulfilled in a single wish. Someone holding the Triforce is omnipotent.

As for my favorites? I have a special place in my heart for Majora's Mask and Wind Waker, I guess, but all the Zeldas are wonderful games.

well beyond the wish part it list molds the sacred realm to reflect that persons heart.  So yeah that would be beyond just a wish.   I was just saying that in a neutral power meating place.  It wouldn't be able to most that place however I see nothing that limits the wish part of the power.  So yeah having the power to get your wish does win.  Too bad Link won't get home though :P

Well, all right. If we agree then we agree, and that's all there is to it.

I think you'll like Link to the Past. it's been enchanting people for nearly twenty years now, and doesn't really lose any of its charm.

yep although I'm curious how well you think Link would do without the Triforce? 

cool that's important.  Some things can be great at the time and remembered fondly but are best left as a memory.

Wonktonodi said:
letsdance said:
Khuutra said:
Wonktonodi said:
The Triforce is a sacred relic that reappears throughout the Legend of Zelda series. These golden sacred triangles were left behind by the three Golden Goddesses — Din, the Goddess of Power; Nayru, the Goddess of Wisdom; and Farore, the Goddess of Courage — after the creation of the land of Hyrule. It was formed at the point where they ascended to the heavens, in a different dimension connected to Hyrule called the Sacred Realm, which would later be referred to as the "Golden Land." The Triforce consists of three separate sacred golden triangles: the Triforce of Power (top), the Triforce of Wisdom (left), and the Triforce of Courage (right).

The Triforce has the power to grant the wish of whoever touches it, and molds the Sacred Realm to reflect that person's heart

from
so it would give link one wish. The molding the sacred realm part wouldn't mean much since that's now where you guys have it taking place.

Whats with you discreditting this website? Seriously... who am I suppose to believe? A website that is probablly user created and probablly has lots of people looking at this stuff or one random guy on a forum. Seriously I havent played all zeldas and never claimed to but I seriously feel like you are posting made up stuff since the ones I have played dont mention the things you say. So either the games I havent played mentiuon it and its my bad luck, you are making stuff up, or you are interpretting it wrong... either way the website goes against 2 things youve said.

they might have some things wrong but if in your fight between Kratos and Link and Link has the Triforce.  Even if it's not omnipitent.  One wish would be more than enough for Link to win.  I've not played gow3 yet so I don't know if there is anything to the extent where any of the gods can just grant wishes. If they could they'd probably be alive.  So like they say be careful what you wish for.  You got your fight with all the Links combined and he gets to have his wish

Link getting the triforce happened once in hundreds of hundreds of years. I dont think he'd have the triforce in this fight. And he already used his wish. The end. Khuutra said if it happens in the story then it happens in the fight. His words now backfired on him.

Kasz216 said:
letsdance said:
Kasz216 said:

Or... to just save time..

He grants a LOT of wishes... it's REALLY worth playing LttP though.  It's my favorite Zelda by a mile.

Looks to me like its one wish "Now touch with A wish in your heart." And if the triforce was omnipotent how does Ganon get "completely destroyed" before the triforce grants his wish? Inconsistant galore. Link could wish to have the power to defeat kratos but the triforce might send him on a quest to get an object before his wish is complete Kratos can destroy him.

See this is where not playing Link to the Past is going to have hurt you.  Every thing different there is a different wish.  Ever think he kept touching it with... different wishes?  Like held on to it and kept holding differnt wishes in his heart.

Sorry... this is where Link being a mute hurts you. That is your interpretation of the end. Mine is him and Ganon both got a wish. Links was to negate ganons doings... that also doesn't explain my other question... If the triforce was so powerful how come ganons wish doesn't come true? The tri-force is neither good nor bad... it even says it depends on your heart and how powerful it is...

Around the Network
letsdance said:
Wonktonodi said:
letsdance said:
Khuutra said:
Wonktonodi said:

from

Link getting the triforce happened once in hundreds of hundreds of years. I dont think he'd have the triforce in this fight. And he already used his wish. The end. Khuutra said if it happens in the story then it happens in the fight. His words now backfired on him.

I agree that anything less than the full triforce Link looses.  But I think when you said all Links combined you opended it up for the triforce.  No need to worry you can still argue that Link only wins if he can wish it to be so. 

letsdance said:

The Triforce itself says it grants wishes. Plural! PLURAL!

Khuutra said:
letsdance said:

that doesn't really matter though since it only takes one

Wonktonodi said:
Khuutra said:

Well, all right. If we agree then we agree, and that's all there is to it.

I think you'll like Link to the Past. it's been enchanting people for nearly twenty years now, and doesn't really lose any of its charm.

yep although I'm curious how well you think Link would do without the Triforce? 

cool that's important.  Some things can be great at the time and remembered fondly but are best left as a memory.

That's actually what the first half of the topic is about. Link has acheap-ass magic item that makes him able to hurt the neemy while they can't touch him, only limited by magic. In another game Link has a special drink that gives him unlimited magic. Combined, Link is unkillable.

And yeah, Zelda games don't tend to be that way if you approach them right. I only beat the first one in like 2008, but I enjoyed it a lot. Made my own map while I was playing and everything.

Khuutra said:
letsdance said:

Yes, plural... as in it has been assembled and wished upon before... Why does he only talk about one wish for Ganon (Which doesn't even come true... so much for "all powerful" triforce!) And says "A wish in your heart" Just because you make ONE wish doesn't mean one thing happens. Ex: "I wish to restore this land to order and peace" And voila... one wish becomes multiple actions as shown in the clip. It talks about wishes plural then starts talking wish singular... Face it its open to interpretation... oh wait you have been ignoring valid points all thread.