By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Without a doubt in my mind Kratos would annihilate Link.

letsdance said:
Khuutra said:
lets dance said:

Kas' interpretation was Ganon only had it for that long because his wish hasn't come true yet... so what is it?

It's never made clear exactly how the Triforce works. That's an enigma. We don't even really know what Ganon did with it except change the Sacred Realm into the Dark World just by holding.

All we know is that Link used it and changed the world.

LOL so you are arguing facts you don't know... awesome... Well I say SPOILER**** Kratos kills everyone and he ascends into an omnipotent being since we don't know what happens to him after the credits.... see I can do that too...

Not arguing anything I don't know.

Link, holding it, is able to change the fabric of reality on a whim. He has access to it.

That's all that matters.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
Khuutra said:

It's never made clear exactly how the Triforce works. That's an enigma. We don't even really know what Ganon did with it except change the Sacred Realm into the Dark World just by holding.

I seem to have recalled reading that if used by someone who isn't balanced or chosen, it breaks up again and you only keep the triforce piece that best fits you... that's why it broke up when Ganon had it.

Either way, it doesn't matter with Link.

It happens when you first touch it, but Ganon can have it when he brings the pieces together again.

Khuutra said:
letsdance said:
Khuutra said:
lets dance said:

Kas' interpretation was Ganon only had it for that long because his wish hasn't come true yet... so what is it?

LOL so you are arguing facts you don't know... awesome... Well I say SPOILER**** Kratos kills everyone and he ascends into an omnipotent being since we don't know what happens to him after the credits.... see I can do that too...

Link, holding it, is able to change the fabric of reality on a whim. He has access to it.

That's all that matters.

Indeed, your argueing against Omniptoence here Letsdance...

Even without the full Triforce, he still has one piece of it... which is far too much for Kratos to handle.

Khuutra said:
Kasz216 said:
Khuutra said:

I seem to have recalled reading that if used by someone who isn't balanced or chosen, it breaks up again and you only keep the triforce piece that best fits you... that's why it broke up when Ganon had it.

It happens when you first touch it, but Ganon can have it when he brings the pieces together again.

Oh yeah, i never argued he couldn't.  I'm just saying that's why it broke up the first time.

If someone like link touched it... they wouldn't need to bother reassembling it.

Kasz216 said:
Khuutra said:
letsdance said:
Khuutra said:
lets dance said:

That's all that matters.

Even without the full Triforce, he still has one piece of it... which is far too much for Kratos to handle.

I don't know how you are measuring the power of a third of the triforce. I have never seen Link do anything half as spectacular as Kratos without a nifty item... Unless you count being able to take the sword.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
Khuutra said:

Oh yeah, i never argued he couldn't.  I'm just saying that's why it broke up the first time.

If someone like link touched it... they wouldn't need to bother reassembling it.

It's not purity of heart so much as it is balance of mind, I think - Power is what Ganon values, so Power geos to him. Link values Courage, I think - or at least some of him do. LttP one is pretty balanced, but he's also a wuss (turning into a freaking rabbit I mean oh my God)

letsdance said:
Kasz216 said:
Khuutra said:
letsdance said:
Khuutra said:
lets dance said:

That's all that matters.

I don't know how you are measuring the power of a third of the triforce. I have never seen Link do anything half as spectacular as Kratos without a nifty item... Unless you count being able to take the sword.

That's because Link is pure skill. 

It's like combning an average guy with a sledgehammer... and a trained Samurai.

The guy with the sledgehammer is going to look more impressive... the Samurai is going to wipe the floor with him every time.

Khuutra said:
Wonktonodi said:
Khuutra said:

So you're saying if Kratos got access to the power to travel through time in a world where the Loom of the Sisters of Fate has no power? That doesn't make sense.

The idea is that Kratos and Link come into a power-neutral scenario where they are both at full power. Letsdance set it up so that Link has the Triforce. That trumps everything.

Kratos cannot win against Link carrying the Triforce.

I didn't see a reason why the loom would have no power.  That's why i suggested it because it opens up a fun can of worms. 

I guess that why I keep saying whoever makes the rules decides the outcome. 

I'd try and limit the fight to what you as a player can make the character do.  Abilities you have control over can use more than once.   Wich takes out the loom takes out the triforce but still leaves all sorts of other fun things.  But since I've only played the first loz I wouldn't know what most of those were and also haven't played the last gow game. 

The Loom of th Fates is tied intrinsically into the fabric of the God of War world, and doesn't have any affcts on worlds outside of it because it asn't woven to interact with other worlds.

Letsdance made the rules. Botha them get their full equipment in a power-neutral environment. Link murders Kratos.

So you're saying you would limit it to canon... but moreso? Why put up the special restrictions?

if Link interactss with Kratos I'd think he'd then have a thread in the loom. 

well i guess i missed many of letsdance's rules since it wasn't in the first post. both full powers and equiepment in power neutral environment I'd think it would be a never ending fight. unless think the triforce is all powerful when from what I read it was made by goddeses.  Thus there was a power more than that and it was godlike.  Powers that Kratos has.  So two godlike entities fighting till they get bored. 

I'd put restrictions on so the last senario wouldn't happen. 

Kasz216 said:
Khuutra said:
Kasz216 said:
Khuutra said:

So you believe... since this isn't touched upon we are just going to have to assume a regular joe schmoe who was selected to weild to triforce of courage doesn't have the balance either. In fact my interpretation of the whole triforce thing was it was a metephor. That the balance has always and will always be all three.

letsdance said:
Kasz216 said:
Khuutra said:
Kasz216 said:
Khuutra said:

So you believe... since this isn't touched upon we are just going to have to assume a regular joe schmoe who was selected to weild to triforce of courage doesn't have the balance either. In fact my interpretation of the whole triforce thing was it was a metephor. That the balance has always and will always be all three.

The fact that you think the Triforce is a metaphor shows you weren't paying any attention... like at all... to any Zelda game you played.

That's like me saying that I believe Kratos godly powers were a metaphor and he was really just some kid at camp having a daydream becuase he wasn't allowed to go into the pool because he's afraid of leeches.