By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NEW DRAGON QUEST Wii - No its not DQ X -

First Wii screens (via mag scans)... the new city scenes look just like DQVIII imo...

...and here's the DSiWare minigame...

Around the Network
Soriku said:

Actually I think it might be a bit better looking than DQ VIII...though I guess the screens are too small to find out.

New info:

- Tournament Mode - original mode, become champion in a city called Ryujincho
- create a character, set gender, face type, and hair style and color
- city is explorable
- mini games like using the wiimote as a sword
- cell phone app releasing with the game

So it's not just a straight up port, there's new stuff too.

As there is for every Dragon Quest game.  They never just port Dragon Quest games, they always add new things to them.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

In case anyone missed it, this isn't a port of DQM Battle Road (which came out almost 3 years ago) either. It's a port of DQM Battle Road II Legends (which came out last January).

Cards are cross compatible for the Battle Road games though, and over 200,000,000 cards have sold in Japan so far!  It's no wonder they're adding scanning apps for DSi and cells.

jarrod said:

In case anyone missed it, this isn't a port of DQM Battle Road (which came out almost 3 years ago) either. It's a port of DQM Battle Road II Legends (which came out last January).

Cards are cross compatible for the Battle Road games though, and over 200,000,000 cards have sold in Japan so far!  It's no wonder they're adding scanning apps for DSi and cells.

Hey, if I lived in Japan, I would have bought some.  And you know if they made a Final Fantasy arcade machine like this, people in the west would be obsessing over it in the same way.  Instead though, they got Dissidia so its all good.

....we better get this game as well though.

Tons of new screens here!  Looks pretty good tbh.

Around the Network

OMG, Hori's making a controller!

jarrod said:

Lol, what's the meaning of Excalibur and the big buttons there?

btw, super nerdy controller, i love it!

And, wow, it's looking good indeed!

And... SLIME! The Dragon Quest Goomba!

Every time I see this thread title it excites me, then I read the last part. Evil!

jarrod said:

Arg...I want it.  If only because it makes it so I could finally replicate an Arcade Experience at home.

And because I love Dragon Quest that much.