By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Kojima reveals the inspiration behind MGS4's theme

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots box art.

Hideo Kojima has been tweeting a lot recently. In addition to talking about his next project, the famous Japanese game designer also revealed the inspiration for the theme in Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. He posted the following message on his twitter

In MGS4 we used the idea of “Haven” for the theme in the game. This idea came from the information my son, at the time was in elementary school, gave me. He asked “Dad, do you know the name of the smallest country in the world?” and lectured me about “HavenCo” which was in the news at the time. From there, I researched about it and an idea starting brewing naturally in my head.

HavenCo is stationed in Sealand, known by many as the smallest nation in the world. The now defunct company hosted data without any governmental restrictions. Metal Gear Solid fans will recognize  the similarities between HeavenCo and the ongoing series theme of trying to break free from the government’s control. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots also has enemies called “Haven Troopers” and a ship named “Outer Haven.”

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots was released in June of 2008 exclusively for the Playstation 3.

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-6894-Video-Game-News-Examiner~y2010m4d14-Kojima-reveals-the-inspiration-behind-MGS4s-theme

Around the Network

Where are my trophies?!! Kojima should speak less with his child and work more on my MGS4 trophy patch!!!!!!!!

and I want substances version of mgs4 and it won't change anything