By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New to PS3

Haze probably isnt, but Unreal Tourny III has gone golden for the PS3 and is expected around the 2nd week of December or so. I would look into that if you are a Twitch FPS player.

Around the Network

Madden '08.

j/k :P

Uncharted, Warhawk, and Ratchet & Clank are must buys for me. Heavenly Sword is good too, though a bit short, and the screen tearing can get a bit annoying at times.

Since everybody else seems to have the games covered, I recommend going for custom themes.

Is it wrong that I'm using a Gears of War custom theme on my PS3? lol, I had to get it because last week I was surfing around Xbox Live content on my room mate's 360 and thought it was crazy how you had to be charged for custom game dashboards (or themes... whatever).

makingmusic476 said:
Madden '08.

j/k :P

Uncharted, Warhawk, and Ratchet & Clank are must buys for me. Heavenly Sword is good too, though a bit short, and the screen tearing can get a bit annoying at times.

Have you played Prey yet?

Warhawk is a must have, and cheap
R & C is really good
NHL 08 also, if you're into hockey games

Around the Network

Genji, Dynasty Warriors Gundam, Time Crisis 4, Folklore, Eye Of Judgment, Bladestorm, The Simpsons Game. People forget all the other great games that are not popular!

taomaster06 said:
I just got my Ps3 yetserday the 60GB model and i bought heavenly sword which is a great game, but is there anything else that i need to know about it like other games i was thinking about uncharted, but in not sure if i would like it. cane anyone give me some more info or suggestions.

I'd trade it in and buy a lemur!

I can't believe no one mentioned Motorstorm.But on the other side,if you wait a little bit longer you can get Motorstorm 2.So you'll get a racer that feels more completed.

Quality for Life

Uh, just go here:

http://www.metacritic.com/games/ps3/

Friend me and try to beat my Super Stardust HD score =) 

eugene said:
Genji, Dynasty Warriors Gundam, Time Crisis 4, Folklore, Eye Of Judgment, Bladestorm, The Simpsons Game. People forget all the other great games that are not popular!

Probably because half of those games suck.  I played Folklore and it wasn't too bad.  The story made me curious but I returned it to gamefly before I finished it.  DW Gundam is trash, and I like Samurai Warriors and Gundam.  Eye of Judgement is getting good reviews and there are already downloadable games/software for the PS Eye on the PS Store.  Time Crisis 4 does have a good gun (much better than the "Zapper") but doesn't seem to be gettign great reviews.  Bladestorm?  Really?