By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Need a Gears or Mass Effect fix before next year? Step inside.

Both of these series have a third novel each due to be released this year.

Gears of War: Anvil Gate is due out August 31st.

Mass Effect: Retribution is due out July 27th.

I have read both of the first two novels from each series and they were very good (not in terms of being literary masterpieces, but in terms of expanding on the universe behind the games).  The next Mass Effect novel is apparently something of a sequel to Mass Effect 2 *spoilers* examining the illusive man deploying experiments based on Reaper Technology.

I have no idea what the next Gears of War novel will be about, but I assume it has to pre-date the final game in the trilogy.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

Or 360 owners can now look forward to Quantum Theory.

From Software are now releasing it on the 360 as well. Even though it's likely not going to be a Gears killer, it's still a fix for 2010.

selnor said:

From Software are now releasing it on the 360 as well. Even though it's likely not going to be a Gears killer, it's still a fix for 2010.

LMAO, can anyone remember when "some" people were claiming that this game looked better than anything on 360 until it was announced to be multiplat?

waron said:
selnor said:

LMAO, can anyone remember when "some" people were claiming that this game looked better than anything on 360 until it was announced to be multiplat?

Yeah I remeber the endless theads. But lets not dwell on those. From Software made a fantastic game in Ninja Blade, And I'm sure they will do a great job of Quantum Theory.

I am confused.

What has Quantum Theory got to do with this?

Around the Network
starcraft said:
I am confused.

What has Quantum Theory got to do with this?

Maybe some people don't like to read books?  Weird tangent to go on though.

Books... My worst enemy

I've always thought about reading the Gears of War novels though.

selnor said:
waron said:
selnor said:

Yeah I remeber the endless theads. But lets not dwell on those. From Software made a fantastic game in Ninja Blade, And I'm sure they will do a great job of Quantum Theory.

LMAO!!!^^ your the one to talk...so uhhh what happened to Lostplanet 2 best looking game period? ohh it went multiplat.

Books are a poor fix for a video game imo. I'll use Alpha Protocol instead.

Mr. sickVisionz said:
Books are a poor fix for a video game imo. I'll use Alpha Protocol instead.

These ones are NOT a poor fix.  They give so much detail on a world and on chartacter backgrounds that the games couldn't possibly get into.