By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

People are going crazy about a domain and a background picture.  Wow.

Around the Network

@ Rol: Major freakage (ZOMG NO WAY!)... Massive drooling (*Put Homer sound effect here*)... Uncontrolled emotions (Screaming, laughing like a maniac, crying, happyness, hyperactivity)

I really hope the next Zelda to be dark, be different (gameplay), have mezmorising characters and an epic story. ^^ That would make me uber happy.

don't do this to me now.....

Definitely fake.

And btw, I think TP & TWW are tied for best Zelda.

Top 3 favorite games: Super Mario Galaxy, The Sims 2 (PC), The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

lolita said:

I really hope the next Zelda to be dark, be different (gameplay), have mezmorising characters and an epic story. ^^ That would make me uber happy.

You know, I think we can do that. We just need to make a few small changes so bear with me.

First, Link will need a makeover. I'm sorry but green just isn't cutting it anymore. The green will have go. And you know, Link isn't really that popular of a name. When was the last time you actually saw a boy named Link in real life? We'll need a better name that's more in line with what people these days are familiar with and has some street-cred. How about... Seto Kaiba. Actually, scratch the Kaiba part, Seto is cool enough on its own and we're dealing in awesomeness, not cards.

The hookshot lacks street-cred too so we'll need something with a bit more down and dirty. Like... a flashlight. That could work. Let's go ahead and replace the sword with a stick too. Is that a Master Sword? No. A Master Shake? No. It's a Master Stick. Loads'o'street-cred there.

And you know, Zelda really hasn't added much to the series and won't be in the next game so we can just go ahead and axe her. That kinda throws the whole triforce thing out the window too but who really liked that anyway. Ganondorf can go too, we need a new look for our badguy and balding just isn't working anymore. Ganon, we're sorry but you're fired.

Now that Zelda is gone, the title really doesn't match anymore. I mean, this isn't the Legend of Zelda... it's a better legend... with street-cred. Let's call it something like... Fragile.

So there you have it. A dark, different, epic Zelda game with some street-cred.

This message was sponsored by Seny, the Playcenter 3, and Altiverse Entertainment.

Around the Network

I still don't agree with you at all on that WoW.

The art style isn't anywhere near Zelda's, and Zelda (especially in it's 3D forms) is defined by Link's interaction with NPCs and townspeople. Honestly there is nothing Zelda-like at all in Fragile. If it's close to anything it's close to Metroid, which is defined by solitude in an Alien World. That's not a Zelda thing.

naznatips said:

The art style isn't anywhere near Zelda's, and Zelda (especially in it's 3D forms) is defined by Link's interaction with NPCs and townspeople. Honestly there is nothing Zelda-like at all in Fragile. If it's close to anything it's close to Metroid, which is defined by solitude in an Alien World. That's not a Zelda thing.

That's fine. I don't even know if I agree with myself yet. We really don't have enough information to make good judgments at this point.

On a semi-related note, is this hitting a sore spot for you Naz? You just made a completely serious response to an entirely satirical post which seems really strange to me.

Interesting to think where the next Zelda game will take place in the timeline. We know Twilight Princess and Wind Waker are on the same side of the timeline, which is split thx to OOT. So for TP to enter WW it needs to have a very very sad game, cause in Wind Waker it was obviously a very sad prologue. So the next Zelda game is either going to jump back to the other side of the timeline, or we are prepared for maybe the darkest installment into the adventure yet.

Words Of Wisdom said:
naznatips said:

That's fine. I don't even know if I agree with myself yet. We really don't have enough information to make good judgments at this point.

On a semi-related note, is this hitting a sore spot for you Naz? You just made a completely serious response to an entirely satirical post which seems really strange to me.

Semi-serious.  Just discussing.  However, I'm also tired, and I tend to miss jokes when I'm tired.  I should just get back to adding games to my profile.

I personally think they'll reinvent Zelda much like they reinvented Super Mario with SMG. They'll probably change the entire design of the world. Instead of having the usual "Go to town, go to dungeon, find keys, kill boss" design, they'll blend the world together a bit more, graying the area between what is a dungeon and what is not. They'll probably incorporate the bosses more into the levels as well. Instead of having a designated "boss room", they may include some elements of Shadow of the Colossus, making you have to find the boss instead of unlock him, or maybe making the dungeon itself the boss, having it wake up when you comeplete certain tasks, and you having to crawl all over him trying to kill him.

They already began changing the world to a limited extent in TP by making you find the Twilight bits (or w/e, the term "Star Bits" keeps coming to mind, lol) in each town before making you go into the dungeons themselves.