By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What do u want to see in future final Fantasy's

Just finished FFXIII and was rather dissapointed and i wanted to know how people think the series should progress in terms of gameplay story telling, visuals..... anything you can think of. here are some things i would like to see:

-Gameplay mechanics needs to extend beyond combat. Out of the 50 hours the FFXIII lasts, around 20-30 hours  is spent navigating the enviroment and tackling puzzles. Outside of battle i wanna see FFXV resemble something like zelda or uncharted where you can actualy interect with the enviroment as opposed to pressing X when the games indercates or pressing circle at the designated area. If theres a section of the game where you have to drive a motobike, or fight in an airship let the player do so instead of showing it in a cutscenes. It would be nice if you could use abilities outside of combat to solve solve puzzles. I hope this would also mean better animation outside battle, with characters stumpling as the leap from 1 platform, as opposed to the stiff animations found in FFXIII. 

-Final fantasy has always been crap when its comes to sidequest. Alot of FF sidequest have no real context, its either a pointless monster hunt and or u find a secret cave with sum random monster waiting to kill u. if u look at games like mass effects the sidequest arn't just opportunities to find legendary weapons, they have their own stories which help flesh out the mythology of the world. I think this would really work in a FF title as the worlds are always rich in content but most of it is left for the player to read in dataloges as opposed to being explored in the actual game. An example of this is FFXII where all the summons have this amazing back story (possibly better than the actual plot of the game) but non of it is explored in game.

Around the Network

Towns.

badgenome said:
Towns.

LOL, that would be nice

teigaga said:

Just finished FFXIII and was rather dissapointed and i wanted to know how people think the series should progress in terms of gameplay story telling, visuals..... anything you can think of. here are some things i would like to see:

-Gameplay mechanics needs to extend beyond combat. Out of the 50 hours the FFXIII lasts, around 20-30 hours  is spent navigating the enviroment and tackling puzzles. Outside of battle i wanna see FFXV resemble something like zelda or uncharted where you can actualy interect with the enviroment as opposed to pressing X when the games indercates or pressing circle at the designated area. If theres a section of the game where you have to drive a motobike, or fight in an airship let the player do so instead of showing it in a cutscenes. It would be nice if you could use abilities outside of combat to solve solve puzzles. I hope this would also mean better animation outside battle, with characters stumpling as the leap from 1 platform, as opposed to the stiff animations found in FFXIII. 

-Final fantasy has always been crap when its comes to sidequest. Alot of FF sidequest have no real context, its either a pointless monster hunt and or u find a secret cave with sum random monster waiting to kill u. if u look at games like mass effects the sidequest arn't just opportunities to find legendary weapons, they have their own stories which help flesh out the mythology of the world. I think this would really work in a FF title as the worlds are always rich in content but most of it is left for the player to read in dataloges as opposed to being explored in the actual game. An example of this is FFXII where all the summons have this amazing back story (possibly better than the actual plot of the game) but non of it is explored in game.

Ehhh, what? There were puzzles in this game?

Then play Zelda or Uncharted sequels.

Skip the cutscene.

Not really. Each Final Fantasy is usually over a hundred or hundreds of hours. That's not lacking if you ask me.

Meh, I'm nitpicking on some stupid things.

But what I'd like to see is a much larger world. There were about 25 places or so explorable in FF7 and even less in FF13. I'd want a much more epic world. That's it though.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Just in case you wanted to know, this why i was dissapointed with FFXIII:

- bad script writing
- interesting world/mytholohy but bad story which fails to explain and explore it. ( Wikipedia explains the world better than the game does.
- main villians motivation is never properly explained.
- After the first 5 hours most cutscenes are just filled with bad melodrama.
-Enviroments feel static, its like running through a tunnel with nice pictures plastered on the walls.
- Artificially lengthened with areas lasting far longer than they should. Instead of filling areas with conent, u are forced to run foward for 3-4 hours.
-Although the game opens up 25 hours in, their are only two different enviroments in pulse:The open plains and the village oerba.
-the side quest amount to nothing more than monster hunts, this would be alright if the game rewarded you properly but it doesn't (missions 7 and 55 are the only ones worth doing)
-No legendary weapons, magic or extra summons for you to find in the open world or earn in the hunts.( this defeats the whole point of the open areas)
-Although you can upgrade your weapons it makes virtually no diffrenece in battle. All that matters is your strategy and how high your health is.
- can't switch between members of part during battle (sometimes it needed cos the A.I doesnt always take the best action but i also just want the freedom to do so)
-The battle system is great but i cant support the entire game, their need to be interesting gameplay mechanics out of battle

The good:
-One of the most best battle systems in any FF game
-great graphics (they look best in the metalic enviroments of caccoon)
-Great art design (Anima looks sick,shame he's only in the game for 20mins)
-Good music (Not the best in the series)
-Good voice actors (shame about the script)
-The story has moments of brilliance (openning of chapater 12 is mind blowing, meeting Dysley for the first time, the entire openning act)

I'll give it a solid 7 (saved by the battle system and presentation)

Around the Network

I'm really liking 13 but I could go for a more coherent story. I know the overall motivations, I think, but really don't understand close to anything. Sometimes I'll read the datalog and be like "Oh, THAT'S why we're doing that."

Also, a bustier heroine. This is key.

I loved the sidequests in this one. No real story but a great reason to grind.

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

FF13 was the best so i want the next ones to be like it

but i want moogles and airships. Lightning ruled but i prefer having male main characters as i imagine myself as them.

dtewi said:
teigaga said:

Ehhh, what? There were puzzles in this game?

Then play Zelda or Uncharted sequels.

Skip the cutscene.

Not really. Each Final Fantasy is usually over a hundred or hundreds of hours. That's not lacking if you ask me.

Meh, I'm nitpicking on some stupid things.

But what I'd like to see is a much larger world. There were about 25 places or so explorable in FF7 and even less in FF13. I'd want a much more epic world. That's it though.

I just feel like so much time is spent running around in FF they should try and make it a bit more engaging. I'm not saying it needs to turn into zelda or uncharted