By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ever purchase a game SO BAD that you couldn't finish it?

Ever purchase a game SO BAD that you couldn't finish it?

If YES, explain: 188 89.95%

Nope. 21 10.05%

Total:209

Alone in the Dark Inferno - this game is real horror, after i finished prologue i was to afraid of crappy controls and rediculus gameplay i couldn't force myself to put it back into BR drive ;) I truly admire people who had enough willpower to play it for 12 hours to get platinum.

Fallout 3 - i tell myself - ok this time i'm going to finish it but then i create character play the bunker part and 15-30 minutes after leveling it i have enough of this rediculus Oblivion like shooter.

PoP - this game feels like one ultra huge QTE

SWTFU - i coudn't finish it even after using codes and setting difficulty to easy truly - the game is so bad every minute there spent felt like a torture and the "famous" SW story was below even episode 1 levels.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network
Mirson said:
Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: boring gameplay and the dialogue stops being funny after boob joke #100

Star Ocean IV: The Last Hope: Awful story, characters, voice acting, dungeon designs, pretty much everything minus the battle system.

Final Fantasy X-2: terrible dialogue

Kingdom Hearts Re-Chain of Memories: laughable dialogue, annoying battle system. The whole KH story is a convoluted mess.

Yeah... it's a shame about OG saga... don't know why they aren't focusing on the main series which is generally better in every way.  Sure there was the wii game... but that game only focused on super robots... and nobody freakin likes super robots.  Also region locked so i can't play it anyway.  stupid region locking.

I used to have a GAME next to my house... so I would trade in games and get preowned games for cheaper.

So one day I got that rally N64 game... I returned it within 2 hours...that was an expensive demo (they didn't refund me, I had to resell at a loss...)

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

As for games with bad reviews? Never happened. I've bought plenty of games with bad review scores... but generally know what to expect and can pick out from a review if i'll like it or not.

HecK i bought the Beyblade game for PS2 for 5 bucks just cause i wanna see how they'd do it. I had enough fun in the cusomization aspects to cover the 5 bucks... which was really the only game part... trying to control a spinning top was really just giving it suggestions.

The only game i've been disapointed in that the jury is out on... is FF7. Which basically was the Godfather 3 of videogames for me. Not the WORST game out there.... but compaired to the legacy of the series it just falls short by a lot to the point of where it's painful to play.

I gave that game away, shame considering how much black label vesions of it went for on ebay later on. Either way i felt a few years later that it deserved a full playthrough... still was Godfather 3 but atleast i could say i played through it.

COD MW2

Around the Network

Fallout 3

yes quite alot actually, mostly on the xbox 360

Mass Effect
Assassin's Creed 2
GTA IV
Prototype
Fable 2
Fallout 3 - well i like fallout 3, but not on the xbox.
and Godfather 2

i'm sure they are all great games, but most of them didnt click for me.

Some on Wii has to be Mega man 9, its just too damn hard for me.
No More heroes - this game is really repetitive and not very fun at all. (wont be doing the same mistake with 2)
Breath of Fire 2 - my god is this game dull.
I Somewhat regret buying Kirby 64 aswell, i liked the nes one so i figured this one would be awesome aswell, but for some reason it didnt click with me.

Fable 2
Resistance 2

This isn't going to be a popular vote on this site but.... demon's souls. I just found the game repetitive and boring :O

Sure. My last one was "Secret Files 2: Puritas Cordis". So dull, it's incredible.
- the most clichéd plot you can think of
- lifeless characters
- the annoying habit of turning every single line of dialogue or comment into a 'joke' (none of them funny)
- insulting! loading times
Really, this is one game that can singlehandedly turn you off of point'n'click adventures. I guess the developers are all in their mid-thirties, huge Monkey Island fans and whatnot, but sadly they are boooring bureaucrat people with no sense of humor.