By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The lack of fire Pokemon that originated in the Sinnoh region was appalling

I liked Diamond/Pearl and Platinum but these games had one significant flaw: a lack of fire types. The main Pokemon games all contain fire starters as well as grass and water. The current generation of Pokemon games introduced Chimchar (and its evolutions), Magmortar (a new part to the Magmar evolution line that consists of; Magby, Magmar, and Magmortar) and Heatran (a legendary Pokemon). Hopefully Pokemon Black/White can surpass and maybe double this amount of new fire Pokemon. 

Around the Network

Yea that annoyed me too. Especially since Fire is my favorite type. If you look closer though you'll notice that the fire Pokemon that were introduced in 4th gen are the most competitively viable of the entire type. Weird how that turned out...

How technical is your game?

We need a Fire/Dragon type.

Kyuubi Ricky SSJ2 said:

That would be the most logical thing to do.

Rainbow Yoshi said:
Kyuubi Ricky SSJ2 said:

Nothing can beat Dragon/Ghost though...

I want a Dragon/Ghost that isn't legendary. That would be so damn sweet xD

OT - That annoyed me too, since I didn't pick Chimchar as my starter on Platinum >_<

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
Rainbow Yoshi said:
Kyuubi Ricky SSJ2 said:

OT - That annoyed me too, since I didn't pick Chimchar as my starter on Platinum >_<

I picked Turtwig (my second favourite starter of all time)

IxisNaugus said:
Yea that annoyed me too. Especially since Fire is my favorite type. If you look closer though you'll notice that the fire Pokemon that were introduced in 4th gen are the most competitively viable of the entire type. Weird how that turned out...

Perhaps the lower the quantity the higher the quality.

Rainbow Yoshi said:
lestatdark said:
Rainbow Yoshi said:
Kyuubi Ricky SSJ2 said:

I picked Turtwig (my second favourite starter of all time)

I picked Piplup. I love water starters, ever since Gen II XD,

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Screw Fire types.

Grass types.

Pixel Art can be fun.

SmokedHostage said:

Screw Fire types.

Grass types.

I am not fond of fire types but I still think they are relevant to a Pokemon game.