By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The First in-game shots of Crysis 2 are no where near KZ2

SpartanFX said:

ok guys so i just saw the  brand new in game crysis 2 shots (which i m assuming are for consoles)and let me do a comparison:

KZ2:

Dont get me wrong KZ2 is good, but next to the early early shots of Crysis ingame it's already playing second fiddle. 

what do you think?

Link for the 2 new Crysis 2 pics:(the first 2 are in game ones obviously)

http://www.pcgames.de/Crysis-2-PC-213107/Bilder/Crysis-2-Bildervergleich-mit-Crysis-als-Wallpaper-Update-InGame-Screenshots-706499/galerie/1275356/#tp

Fixed the OP, to be a sense of reality.

Around the Network

Still don't get why people think KillZone 2 is graphically superior to Crysis.
Not only does crysis look better, but it's an open world game with destructible environments. Killzone 2's definitely a corridor shooter with some scripted destruction.
Crysis' textures are actually equal in detail; there's no smudging, no quincunx, unlocked framerate.
It just looks better and play better in every way.

Legend11 said:
leo-j said:
DaColdFlash said:
RiksK15 said:
Who cares anyway, when Killzone 3 will be released it will have better graphics than Crysis 1&2 on PC combined!
Crysis (PC) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> KZ3
Crysis 2 PC >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> KZ3 > Crysis 2 (XBOX360,PS§)

So don't worry!

KZ2>Crysis on PC on very high

I dare you to edit my post.

Really?  Show me stuff in Killzone 2 that is more impressive than this turtle in Crysis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKfHMJeZqNg&feature=fvw

Psh. Picking up and throwing the turtle obviously :P

..... What? Nobody else did that?

This games dead to me. It doesn't even look better than resistance.

Inconsistent texture resolutions and absence of anti-aliasing make it look worse too. I thought Crysis was supposed to render foliage well? Some of the worst rendered trees I've seen this gen.

Of course that's if these screenshots are how the game will actually look.

I think you will find that that is not an actual un-doctored screenshot.

We all know every version of Crysis 2 will look a lot better than that, just as we found Killzone 2 didn't look as good in game as it's screenshots.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

Am I the only person in the world that think Killzone 2 is one of the worst looking games they've ever played?

Sure it throws around plenty of textures, but the entire game has about 3 colors.

It's animations are ok, but nowhere near Half-Life 2 (made in '04 I might add).

It's models are good, but not even close to Stalker 3.

It's art-style is abysmal, I've seen more appealing PS1 games.

It's physics range from great to terrible, from immersive to downright hilarious.

From what I've seen, Stalker 3 is still the best looking game ever. Crysis 2 will probably be a close second, but as I saw in the first Crysis, Crytek doesn't know how to make a limited view-distance look good, something GSC does REALLY well.

SmoothCriminal said:
Am I the only person in the world that think Killzone 2 is one of the worst looking games they've ever played?

Sure it throws around plenty of textures, but the entire game has about 3 colors.

It's physics range from great to terrible, from immersive to downright hilarious.

From what I've seen, Stalker 3 is still the best looking game ever. Crysis 2 will probably be a close second, but as I saw in the first Crysis, Crytek doesn't know how to make a limited view-distance look good, something GSC does REALLY well.

Nope your not alone, Im pretty sure Raz,selnor and that guy called starcraft feels the same way  they aint bias tho cause all games to them are great looking.....except ps3 exclusives.

Ping_ii said:
SmoothCriminal said:

Nope your not alone, Im pretty sure Raz,selnor and that guy called starcraft feels the same way  they aint bias tho cause all games to them are great looking.....except ps3 exclusives.

I will admit that I am slightly biased (I hate Sony with a burning passion from deep within my very soul, but I digress), but I will give credit where credit is due. Uncharted 2 looks amazing (though there are some "meh" textures from time to time) and God of War 3 looks great as well. I just feel that everyone is oblivious to the fact that it looks good from a technical standpoint, but as far as design goes, it's nothing to write home about. 

I should also mention that the Source engine is still the best engine ever, and Cryengine 3 will do little to change that.

It looks like they've won.

Step 1. Declare your game is the best looking game in a convroversial fashion and people will give to $10M-$20M worth of free advertising.

Whats step 2?

Tease.

It's simple. The developers don't have the same experience on the console. You can just dump a PC engine, PC developers and expect mastery on one of the hardest console to develop for.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.