By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is Sony too large fo a company to go bankrupt?

Sony has been having troubly financially in the past couple of years. Well i guess not anymore because PS3s are selling very well. But im wondering, is sony wayy to big of a company to ever go bankrupt?

Around the Network

Nortel.

The last financial i saw of the had them in the black by a billion dollars and the PS3 could be hurting them since it may still be sold at a loss. Realistically any company can fail but imbo Sony won't.

There is no such thing as a too big of a company that can't go bankrupt...there can be many reasons why even the most powerful ones can go down under (no not to Australia)...Enron is a good example

h/e Sony is fine...they haven't had the best few years recently but not bad enough to go bankrupt

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

I hate the concept of too big to fail.

In my mind a business that needs to collapse should, I couldn't care less how many people they employ.

Around the Network

btw, the PS3 was far from the biggest worry for Sony, even when it was losing heaps. And as I understand economics, too big to go under doesnt actually work, unless your government bails you out to avoid massive unemployment, as happened in the US these last couple of years. I suspect the Japanese government may actually do the same for Sony if it came to it (which I doubt it will btw)

Enron is a very very very bad example, that went under due to a lot of lies and scandels

but no i dont think sony can go under unless they just straight up f*ck some shit up

ps1,2 sold craptons,ps3 not so much
they got so much money with the ps1 and ps2 they wont go bankrupt and I saw your post in the other thread lol,I do think theyre to big they dont just make playstations you know,They have the Michael Jackson catalog (I think thats what its called?)and that sold millions last year which got them a crap ton of money,they make good tvs,cd players,etc.

almcchesney said:
Enron is a very very very bad example, that went under due to a lot of lies and scandels

but no i dont think sony can go under unless they just straight up f*ck some shit up

Yes but the OP question is is Sony too big too go down yes? there are many things that can factor in for a company to go under and hence Enron IS a good example....things can change real fast for the biggest of corporations, for example there were analysists going on record the day before saying how good of a move it is to invest in Enron...

Anyways as I said, as long as they don't mess up continuously and stay away from legal issues they should be just fine....and in the worse case scenario, like many companies they will just join with another to keep from total ruin, can see some good examples of that strategy put to use in the current Big 4

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

There is no company that is too large to go bankrupt. Just take a look what JAL has become.