By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Did you like the story book from Mario Galaxy?

Did you like the story book from Mario Galaxy?

Yes! 41 66.13%

No. 21 33.87%

Total:62

So, in preparation of Galaxy 2, I finally started playing as Luigi in the original Galaxy. He's actually harder to control... that sloppy bastard! Anyhow, I got far enough so the Rosalina's short stories to start popping up, and it got me thinking: boy did I like these! 

Honestly, it was one of my favorite parts of the whole game. Yeah, they made the game feel like it was for lil' kids, but dammit, the music was nice and it was heart-warming. 

*Spoilers* 

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Around the Network

I thought it was cute

It always gave me a weird feeling.

Like the end of the entire universe was imminent.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

burn it! burn it!

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=76669&page=1

you can view a few screenshots from the game in my photo album here; http://www.vgchartz.com/photos/album.php?album=2312

yes, this is vonboy's alt account. i can't log into my original account, and i'm not sure if i will ever be able to.

Proud Member of the Official Yoshi Fan Club!.

no, I thought it was stupid and pointless. In fact, the story even made the game worse, not because of what was in the story, but because it made me feel like I was missing out on something if I didn't check it out. Yet listing to it was torture when all I want to do is platform and save the princess.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network

Yes, I did.

I thought it was going to be a pretty dull simple story about a girl flying around in space with some Luma but it started getting pretty deep in terms of content towards the end of the plot.

I would even say its a pretty mature storybook for a kid's game, actually O_o .

RolStoppable said:
No, it was a waste of time.

vote no. We need the no movement to win so we can send a message to Nintendo to keep the story out of our platformers. So far we only have 2 and I don't think you are one of them.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

^ Heart-less 

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

RolStoppable said:
nordlead said:
RolStoppable said:

vote no. We need the no movement to win so we can send a message to Nintendo to keep the story out of our platformers. So far we only have 2 and I don't think you are one of them.

Done.

On a related note, I hope that my "Super Mario Galaxy was a failure and Nintendo is to blame" thread changed Nintendo's development process.

I'm pretty sure you guys are joking about this because the storybook was only a small part of the game, but if are not.....

You know only one guy in the development team actually came up with that story book because he thought he should give some background info on Rosalina and that Miyamoto told him to not do anymore of that in the sequel in an interview, right? So I don't think you guys have to worry about Super Mario Galaxy 2 getting a story bigger than that story book in the first mario galaxy or even any story at all (besides saving peace/whoever).

Although Miyamoto said something about that weird cardboard character in the first e3 trailer being related to some sort of plot in the game.....

nordlead said:
RolStoppable said:

It's not Nintendo's fault that you feel like you have to experience EVERYTHING, even after you could tell from the first time that you didn't like it! There were like half a dozen entries in that series. Why did you go back in? Why did you go back in five times?

You are like a mouse who keeps pressing the button that shocks him! That is not Nintendo's fault.

Anyway, to be OT:

Yes. I liked the story book. It reminded me of The Little Prince.