By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Natal Game Ideas

It's hard to see Natal games being developed for the  hardcore gamer, but it's possibilities for the casual gamer/non gamer is almost crazy. Natal seems to me like it will compete almost directly with the Wii, even more so than the Playstation move. Not only should microsoft try to bring in the gamer crowd, but also the non gamers. What kinds of software do you think could be made uniquely for Natal?

.............................................Here are some of my ideas with their descriptions....................................................

Interactive exercise videos

Not so much a game as it is an actual excercise program. Follow routines from stuff like tae bo.

Dance tutorials/game

This one is pretty much self explanatory.

Dodgeball

Also self explanatory

Movie maker

Make CG movies or scenes. Use Natal as a motion capture studio, as well as an audio recorder to act out scenes. Make your own Movies or follow script. This could have really cool and funny results. 

Minute to Win it (Natal version)

If you've ever seen this show, you'll know what I mean. If not, look it up. Of course you can't really do those games with Natal, but something similar could probably be done. This could be a really fun party game.

............................................................Your Ideas..........................................................

Martial Arts training (Cueil)

Human Tetris (Porcupine_l)

Around the Network

I think the dance tutorial would work... instruction on some other base level things... perhaps teaching the correct forms for a exercise or even some low level martial arts training

Martial arts training...I didn't think of that. That would be super awesome.  I myself might get that if that was made.

god damn Black & white 3 it is the ultimate game of Natal just imagine your pet creature that you could interact with actual gesture based miracle selection and throwing rocks and fire balls + picking up villagers etc

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

I've never played that game, but it sounds like it could work really well with Natal.

Around the Network

Human Tetris

just like Ricochet, but the shapes come towards you and you have to match it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbD4i4n3dlY&feature=related

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Black & White 3 would indeed rock :)

And a baseball coach signalling his players what to do :p

Human tetris...that looks really funny/fun. They should definitely make this game.

I can't really say since we don't know exactly what Natal can do.

The biggest question for me is, does it support something like Wii's precise IR aiming? The answer to this greatly affects the kind of games that can be done.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

A shooter with strong auto aim and dodge movement. Ofcourse a FPS in its current form would never work on Natal. But imagine a more slowpaced shooter where you walk into say a parking mall and by moving your body far to the right you can run towards the nearest cover. And by moving your body slightly to the right you can dodge right. By pointing your hand Natal sees what enemy your targeting.

So basicly your standing in the living room dodging bullets, taking cover, auto rushing towards cover and auto aiming before shooting. In a regular FPS or TPS the emphasis is on running and shooting. In a Natal shooter the emphasis would be on dodging and rushing towards new cover when your current position is compromised.