By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Greenberg: PS3 Browser 'An Absolute Nightmare', No Future 360 Web Surfing

Ehhh, sure it's shit, but so is IE 10.

Plus, it's functional. Once you acknowledge it's limitations you can get around just fine. It's nice to be able to fire it up and check some news headlines and whatnot. There are very few problems with viewing, only when trying to interact.

Around the Network

The browser is awesome for streaming video files, like anime and such. It's not as good as a computer, but its an added bonus, not something required, needed, or essential.

aragod said:
I would love to know what he likes about the PS3, he is allways spewing poison on anything not Xbox, so his statement has little value.

In this instance everyone agrees. It's like using your phone for internet. It's a bumbling shocking mess. Apps are the way to go. Both Apple and M$ realised this years ago.

Id rather have the disappointing browser over nothing at all. Stupid jack ass.

shinyuhadouken said:
Skeeuk said:
the ps3 browser is crap compared to a pc browser, but for basic browsing it fits the bill.

ie your stuck on a game, exit out, launch browser and goto gamefaq then go back in game, so it does have its uses i use it everyday

i never thought about that. real convinient man.

Apart from M4 introducing an App on 360 for that very thing. Apps are the future where keyboards and mice are not around. My phone has internet. Yet I used it once and nearly cried. Never again. Now my phone has lovely apps for those uses. The heavy stuff is done on PC with mouse and keyboard. IMO, Sony should concentrate on bringing good apps to PS3. It's tailored, robust and easy to use. Apps are definately the future. Iphone, and the very impressive Windows 7 phones, with full Xbox Live compatibility. Cant wait for that.

Around the Network
CommonMan said:
Asmo said:
A Bad Clown said:
The browser sucks, I can drive to a library and go on the computers faster than it loads up Youtube. Who needs it when there's a computer availible? If you don't have one why the hell do you have internet? It would be better to do what XBL does and put dedicated support like Youtube, FaceBook, Twitter etc. on.

You're sure you have a PS3?

Why do you ask? Because he doesn't like the browser and thinks there is a better option? Clearly he's a biased fanboy.

No, because the PS3 has already apps like Youtube, Facebook and I think Twitter ( if not, will have ). The 360 doesn't have a Youtube app.

Wagram said:

dumbass pr doing what he does best

Wagram said:

Overreaction much?

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

i been using the browser with a ps3 keypad. its very easy to use... i order pizza on it! and guess what, im using it right know to post this

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
firebolt126 said:
The browser is awesome for streaming video files, like anime and such. It's not as good as a computer, but its an added bonus, not something required, needed, or essential.

It's really great to watch HQ anime on my HD TV

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."