By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Upgrading to better weaponry in Final Fantasy 13

darthdevidem01 said:
d21lewis said:
lestatdark said:
d21lewis said:
Thanks to all. I'll try some of what I've read when I play the game, tonight. That Eidolon that I'm facing is kicking my ass!!

You probably mean Bahamut. Use lots of Slow and Imperil on him with Fang, that will drive up the Gestalt bar much faster.

That's exactly who I'm up against.  He kills me almost instantly AND, the battle takes place after a cutscene.  My go to team is Lightning, Sazh (he casts haste and other positive attributes on the team) and Vanille (an awesome sabateur!).  As soon as the cutscene ends, I'm forced to use Fang instead of Sazh.  On top of that, even if I choose a team consisting of the pre-determined characters, the game completely screws up my carefully chosen "Paradigms".  Then, Bahamut kills me again.

After three frustrating tries, I threw my controller and said I'd never play FF13, again.  I'll give your technique a shot, though.  This game is all I've been playing for a week.  I've never let a FF game get the better of me, before.  This game won't be the first one.

A boss battle later on in the game lasts for 20 minutes...so I spent 19 minutes on it

I got the boss down to like 10% of its HP

and it used Death on me....so instant game over.

You have no right to complain lololol!

This is what I have to look forward to this summer???? FFFFUUUUUUUU!!!!

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
lestatdark said:
d21lewis said:
Thanks to all. I'll try some of what I've read when I play the game, tonight. That Eidolon that I'm facing is kicking my ass!!

You probably mean Bahamut. Use lots of Slow and Imperil on him with Fang, that will drive up the Gestalt bar much faster.

That's exactly who I'm up against.  He kills me almost instantly AND, the battle takes place after a cutscene.  My go to team is Lightning, Sazh (he casts haste and other positive attributes on the team) and Vanille (an awesome sabateur!).  As soon as the cutscene ends, I'm forced to use Fang instead of Sazh.  On top of that, even if I choose a team consisting of the pre-determined characters, the game completely screws up my carefully chosen "Paradigms".  Then, Bahamut kills me again.

After three frustrating tries, I threw my controller and said I'd never play FF13, again.  I'll give your technique a shot, though.  This game is all I've been playing for a week.  I've never let a FF game get the better of me, before.  This game won't be the first one.

The only paradigms you'll ever need for that fight is SAB/MED/MED (with Fang/Lightning/Vanille disposition) and SAB/RAV/SAB. Always make sure Slow is on because Bahamut attacks extremelly fast. 

Whenever you're stuck on an Eidolon fight, Libra is your best friend. Using Libra twice or a Librascope will unlock the descriptions in the R1 enemy description which gives you clues as to what each specific Eidolon is susceptible. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
d21lewis said:
lestatdark said:
d21lewis said:

The only paradigms you'll ever need for that fight is SAB/MED/MED (with Fang/Lightning/Vanille disposition) and SAB/RAV/SAB. Always make sure Slow is on because Bahamut attacks extremelly fast. 

Whenever you're stuck on an Eidolon fight, Libra is your best friend. Using Libra twice or a Librascope will unlock the descriptions in the R1 enemy description which gives you clues as to what each specific Eidolon is susceptible. 

I used what you said and beat that Eidolon in no time!  I could hug you, right now!!!

d21lewis said:
lestatdark said:
d21lewis said:
lestatdark said:
d21lewis said:

I used what you said and beat that Eidolon in no time!  I could hug you, right now!!!

Thanks man, but wouldn't Leela be jealous?

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Keep in mind too that certain items are meant to be "currency" only.  They are worthless for upgrading, but bring good value for selling.  Examples are Incentive Chips and Credit Chips.  Farm for them and sell them (only thing they are good for) and they bring you good amounts of gold.  Then use the gold to buy 36 Sturdy Bones and sell them for a 3x Exp. multiplier.  Then use organic items to wrack up massive amounts of experience--but sell a ton at a time because your experience multiplier drops each individual time you sell an item.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450