By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Statcounter for VG Chartz

what would this statcounter track?....how would it know whether specific companies are using us?

Around the Network

hits i understand....but surely it wouldn't be able to tell from an IP address whether it comes from a certain company.....if things like that could i am quite sure everyone would have something blocking it.

That's assuming things are trackable. If companies are looking at this site, chances are they will not be doing it behind their domains, but instead send employees home to do it from whatever ISP they use. Besides, stat counters only give the top xx results, and so even if a company was using their own domain, it would be such a small % it would be buried by the major ISPs.

Finer level detail as to most popular threads and other areas might be interesting.

TWRoO said:
hits i understand....but surely it wouldn't be able to tell from an IP address whether it comes from a certain company.....if things like that could i am quite sure everyone would have something blocking it.

Actually, it's pretty easy to tell what company an IP address comes from and that can be tracked...

As I said in prevous mesage, if a company wanted to do that they would just have their employees hide behind their home ISPs.

If it is easy to tell a company from the IP address then it must be easy to tell almost exactly where i live from mine surely (unless it is something i am missing that companies have and i don't)

Around the Network

gw.charlotte.hallam.ask4.co.uk?

Domain name:
ask4.co.uk

Registrant:
Ask4 Ltd

Registrant type:
UK Limited Company, (Company number: 3980594)

Registrant's address:
Omega Court
362 Cemetery Road
Sheffield
Yorkshire
S11 8FT
GB

Registrar:
Mr Nathan Vingoe t/a Amber Internet [Tag = AMBERINTERNET]
URL: http://www.amberinternet.com

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 22-Jul-1998
Renewal date: 22-Jul-2008
Last updated: 03-Jan-2007

Registration status:
Registered until renewal date.

Name servers:
bison.kingston-internet.net
ibex.kingston-internet.net
ns1.ask4internet.com
ns2.ask4internet.com

WHOIS lookup made at 16:13:21 22-Nov-2007

WTF! i hate the internet....hell i don't know most of that (this is at my University flat so all that about register date doesn't apply to me but to Ask 4)

I have no idea what all that about cemetery road is...must be something to do with Ask4 ...cemetery road is about 2 miles away. (i am currently in S1 or S2 not S11)

The point is not to do anything bad on the internet, as there are ways of tracking...
Actually I am surprised the address is as close as it was... most of time it's much further away if a major ISP...

i like stats, count me in