By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Mario party 8 has just become the best selling mario party title ever!

Yeah thanks to the US, because in Europe and especially in Japan it "isn't" the best selling Mario Party game.

I'd rather see a normal game hitting records if you don't mind :P Like er... Mario Galaxy for instance.

@Shams, a "good" Mario Party with a "world wide" online function and count me in.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Around the Network
*~Onna76~* said:

Yeah thanks to the US, because in Europe and especially in Japan it "isn't" the best selling Mario Party game.

I'd rather see a normal game hitting records if you don't mind :P Like er... Mario Galaxy for instance.

@Shams, a "good" Mario Party with a "world wide" online function and count me in.

yep count me in too

*~Onna76~* said:

Give me a phoenix down when that happens, by then I'll be long dead and Hudson still killing the franchise.

Actually, those numbers are not even up to date. Nintendo shipped 2.89M copies of this game already at the end of its second fiscal quarter.

Has anyone else noticed that the first one for a new console sells the best and then they sell less and less each time. Imagine if they just released one great marioparty per generation, sales would probably be around 5 or 6 million.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Around the Network
supermario128 said:
Has anyone else noticed that the first one for a new console sells the best and then they sell less and less each time. Imagine if they just released one great marioparty per generation, sales would probably be around 5 or 6 million.

yeah your right,the sales also go down because after someone buys one or two mario partys that person will not buy anymore

I always wondered why Mario Party series is creeping on the total Final Fantasy main series when FF started with it's first one, in what late 80's?

*Bought this game*

A good thing for Nintendo.

supermario128 said:

but what if its a majority of the same people buying the other iterations? that'd mean they obviously wouldn't buy more than one of the exact same iteration if only one was released per generation..

is this game not 2 slow and long for online play?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.