By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Numbers : 11/12 - 11/18

Famitsu obviously they have more markets reporting since they have a bigger number.

mM
Around the Network
Diomedes1976 said:
Well ,maybe they are lower .Famitsu tends to overtrack a bit ,specially Nintendo products ,but there has been some weeks here and there when there have been great disparities in PS3 hardware between MC and Famitsu .Namely the release of Hot Shots Golf and this one .MC is usually more accurate ,it has tracking of 90% of stores and Famitsu about 80% for consoles after their own webpage so ...

In any case I havent seen the MC create numbers for hardware anywhere outside this post ,they are usually posted in friday .If those are legit maybe the number should be changed but usually it isnt changed at all when MC puts the PS3 some thousands above so ....

Stop talking BS.  Check MCs site.  They track 57% and state it directly on their website.

Rough translation direct from MC

"Data provided by the cover rate is about 57 percent, and a variety of business to cover."

Yes ,when I was answering the post hadnt been edited yet to include the full info and link.Its that MC usually gives thursday the software sales and friday the hardware sales so I was surprised to see the hardware in thursday .A big discrepancy of about 15K units between Famitsu and MC .

Also these numbers are posted directly on MC site. So all I can deduce is that you've never actually been on their site.

pretty big difference

Around the Network
leo-j said:
Famitsu obviously they have more markets reporting since they have a bigger number.

In otherwords... you have exactly zero clue how Ioi, MC, Famitsu or NPD do anything they do...

They get the same reports they get every month Leo-J. 

Then they put the numbers into a complex mathematics formula to get the rest of the numbers for the country.  That's how all these firms do it.

Was there a PS3+DW6 bundle? Is it included in the numbers? I suppose Media Create wouldn't do such a mistake...

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

leo-j said:

WINNER! Fanboy post of the month!

Louie said:
I usually trust Media Create more but I also trust vgchartz.... I guess the PS3 is something between those numbers, like 45k or so...

Yea I'm all for halfing it as well.  As I said really don't matter to me cause either way next week the PS3 is either going to see a continuous drop or a large one depending on which we go with.

Diomedes1976 said:
Yes ,when I was answering the post hadnt been edited yet to include the full info and link.Its that MC usually gives thursday the software sales and friday the hardware sales so I was surprised to see the hardware in thursday .A big discrepancy of about 15K units between Famitsu and MC .

Ok... so why may I ask do you still say MC tracks 90% of the stores when their own website.... the one Dolla Dolla links to says 57%?

Care to comment?

Edit: I'll even link to the page that proves your BS wrong.  http://www.m-create.com/biz/data.html