By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone 2 sales

I am sure that KZ2 is undertracked. VGchartz shows about 2.1 Million sales, however, the online shows over 2 million users registered online. So, it is impossible that KZ2 sold only 2.1 million. I will provide a snapshot of total users online tomorrow.

Around the Network

oh it's def. undertracked, that's like duh

Frank_kc said:
I am sure that KZ2 is undertracked. VGchartz shows about 2.1 Million sales, however, the online shows over 2 million users registered online. So, it is impossible that KZ2 sold only 2.1 million. I will provide a snapshot of total users online tomorrow.

IF this is true, then yes

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Frank_kc said:

Everybody that has ever rented the game, borrowed the game from a friend, or bought the game used and went online would be counted among those 2 million. 

OT:

As disappointing as the current numbers are, they don't seem very suspect.  Do you have any reason to believe the game is undertracked aside from the word of a local retailer?

I could maybe see the game's Other Europe numbers being kinda low because from what I understand the original Killzone was like the best selling game ever in Poland when it was released or something, so it might be lowballed in territories where SCEE has a strong marketing presence but we have a low tracking presence, but that's about it.

To be honest, I was surprised how close our NA and EU numbers for Killzone 2 ended up being.  Reports are the original Killzone sold under a million in NA (750k by our numbers) and over 2 million worldwide, which means sales heavily favored Europe (which makes sense given how much SCEE pushes the franchise vs SCEA - plus a game made by Europeans would likely be more appealing to Europeans), and I figured sales for the sequel would favor Europe all the more, given how the ps3's install base favors Europe far more than the ps2's install base did back in 2004.

makingmusic476 said:
Frank_kc said:

Everybody that has ever rented the game, borrowed the game from a friend, or bought the game used and went online would be counted among those 2 million. 

OT:

As disappointing as the current numbers are, they don't seem very suspect.  Do you have any reason to believe the game is undertracked aside from the word of a local retailer?

I could maybe see the game's Other Europe numbers being kinda low because from what I understand the original Killzone was like the best selling game ever in Poland when it was released or something, so it might be lowballed in territories where SCEE has a strong marketing presence but we have a low tracking presence, but that's about it.

To be honest, I was surprised how close our NA and EU numbers for Killzone 2 ended up being.  Reports are the original Killzone sold under a million in NA (750k by our numbers) and over 2 million worldwide, which means sales heavily favored Europe (which makes sense given how much SCEE pushes the franchise vs SCEA - plus a game made by Europeans would likely be more appealing to Europeans), and I figured sales for the sequel would favor Europe all the more, given how the ps3's install base favors Europe far more than the ps2's install base did back in 2004.

yup Killzone 2 was actually adjusted down, and seeing as vg not only adjusted killzone but ps3 sales and uncharted 2, and others and well all theos supposed overtracks were complete bullshit, i think vg is HEAVILY undertraking killzone 2 sales, there is no way in hell killzone 2 sold absolutly nothing for what 5-6 months it sold 2 million in sept...

Around the Network

So as I promised, I came back with a snapshot from Killzone 2 statistics screen

The page shows 201,741 pages of online users. Each page displays 10 users.

Total number of online users: 201,741 X 10 = 2,017,410 millions

Vgchartz tracks KZ2 currently at 2.1 millions, which in my openion is undertacked based on actual numbers from online community.I am only providing a possible conlusion based on actual numbers.

Any thoughts?

azndragon4k said:
Could be and could not be undertracked.but ur saying its undertracked becuz u went to like 2 stores lol

not just any two stores. one of them is his favourite. that's gotta mean something, right? right?