By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What religion are you in?

kazadoom said:
marciosmg said:
kazadoom said:
I have been freed from the bondage of religion. Religion is just man's way to try and please a God that you cannot know and is all about what you do and do not do. I have a relationship with the One true God through His Son Jesus. It is all about what was done for me on the cross, and not anything that I have done. I follow His commands because I have a desire to and not because I have to, like religion teaches.

See, i dont want to start a debate, because thats not the point of this thread, but i find what you say rather strange, because if there wasnt religion (as in organized religion) to keep the teachings of Jesus alive through the times you would never have heard of Him. How can you believe in Christ which is something you got from religion and dismiss religion as a bad thing? How can you separate one from the other if they are so intertwined (i hope thats the right word - english isnt my first language)? I would really like for you to explain it to me, if you feel like it, because thats something that i find confusing.

Religion was not needed to keep Jesus' teachings alive, the Bible did that. Religion is man made, and Christianity is God made. I do not adhere to what a group of people tell me I ought to adhere to. I adhere to what God tells me through his Word. I have a personal relationship with God not religion. The difference to me is that religion is created by man, therefore I am not bound by men, but by God Himself.

I'm sorry .. but that is just stupid. 

You really need to study the history of Christianity, the council of Nicea, and so on.

Christianity in its current forms are very much man designed. By votes (Councils) and conquering (Roman Catholic Church).  

Your personal views on Christianity may be unique or seperated from any mainstream view, but the origins of your belief system are very much formed by a group of men basing what they believe one man taught and didn't teach.

Just look at how the Bible itself was put together, again council votes on what books were divine and what books were not. Do you know how many different books were discussed and finally chosen, how many were tossed aside and were purportedly from various diciples?

Around the Network

catholic myself

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

kazadoom said:
marciosmg said:
kazadoom said:
I have been freed from the bondage of religion. Religion is just man's way to try and please a God that you cannot know and is all about what you do and do not do. I have a relationship with the One true God through His Son Jesus. It is all about what was done for me on the cross, and not anything that I have done. I follow His commands because I have a desire to and not because I have to, like religion teaches.

See, i dont want to start a debate, because thats not the point of this thread, but i find what you say rather strange, because if there wasnt religion (as in organized religion) to keep the teachings of Jesus alive through the times you would never have heard of Him. How can you believe in Christ which is something you got from religion and dismiss religion as a bad thing? How can you separate one from the other if they are so intertwined (i hope thats the right word - english isnt my first language)? I would really like for you to explain it to me, if you feel like it, because thats something that i find confusing.

Religion was not needed to keep Jesus' teachings alive, the Bible did that.  Religion is man made, and Christianity is God made.  I do not adhere to what a group of people tell me I ought to adhere to.  I adhere to what God tells me through his Word.  I have a personal relationship with God not religion.  The difference to me is that religion is created by man, therefore I am not bound by men, but by God Himself.

How do you think the Bible survived into modern times? Because organized religion spread it around and kept it safe from harm. So if they had never existed we wouldnt be talking about this today. Thats my point. Religion is the only bridge we have from the past. It is the only connection we have to be able to assert that there is truth in the bible (after all, we cant use the bible to say that the bible is true). For telling you what to do, thats what everybody does. They have their vie, so they automatically believe that other viewas are wrong. 

Just so this doesnt into a debate, you should respond to my post (so its fair - two posts each) and we should end, since this is a very complicated and long discussion. 

With that, i say: Well, at least you believe in Jesus. Which is more than i can say for those damned atheists.

www.jamesvandermemes.com

kazadoom said:

Because this isn't your thread I will post here, but it will be the last time I ever post a response to something you've said.

Kazadoom. You are a religious fanatic. Your brain has been so hardwired that you are entirely incapable of any form of free thought or the ability to grasp the concepts of other peoples beliefs. The fact that your fanaticism is Christian is merely a result of geography. I'm just glad that you weren't born in a part of the world where religious fanatics blow themselves up for the purpose of killing others. Because you would be one of those people. You think like one of those people.

As my dear old mum always says.

Don't fear the wicked, for they are merely weak. Fear the righteous, for they are truly evil.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Roman Catholic

Around the Network

none, i do believe in ghosts though

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

stof, I hate to correct you since you are a mod, but was that post necessary? He may be a "religious fanatic" as you say, but to say that if he was Muslim he would be strapping bombs to himself is going a bit far imho. I am just trying to foster respect among everyone here... don't have to agree with or like anyone here, but there is no need to attack on a personal level... plz don't take this the wrong way.

No need luinil, plus he said that he would not respond to me any more, so I will just hold him to that. It is funny how people think that you are crazy and what you believe is foolish yet feel the need to respond in a defensive matter to it.

My Tag: 2 Timothy 3:1

Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to Heaven! (John14:6)

Every second 2 people die . . . What if this is your second? 

www.goodpersontest.com

@luinil - I dont think stof meant to say that. He just said that there are areas in the world where a form of fundamentalist islam is taught that tell its followers to blow themselves up in the name of Allah and that Kazadoom is the kind of person who if born in such a place would be the follower who would do such a thing.

@stof - im sure that you have your reasons to be this aggressive to Kazaddoom, but i never liked this whole "i will say something really bad about you then i will leave and not bother to hear or reply your response". If you really feel that Kazadoom is the kind of person that you cant reason with, you should just not talk to him. Im sorry if am minding someone elses business, but before i started posting here i lurked a lot (i still lurk more than post), and you didnt seem like this kind of person. Just my two cents. And remember this, both you and Kazadoom (and I) have something in common: WE LOVE VGCHARTZ!

www.jamesvandermemes.com

right you are marciosmg! Love me some VGChartz

My Tag: 2 Timothy 3:1

Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to Heaven! (John14:6)

Every second 2 people die . . . What if this is your second? 

www.goodpersontest.com