By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What religion are you in?

Anglican! Weew

Around the Network

I'm Muslim, and do everything (mostly) right.....I might slip up (not pray 5x, though I do mostly) And I fast during Ramadan (last year was my 1st year I did it entirely) I'm too young to give to charity though.....

atheist w/ hindu parents.

Sqrl said:

@stof,

As you can see here:

The decline of Sea Pirates are directly linked to the increase in global temperature. 

This is of course because the more people who wear full pirate regailia the happier the Flying Spaghetti Monster is.  This decrease in pirates has angered the FSM and he has slowly made his anger known. 

Coincident? I think not

I'm an atheist, that holds the democratic ideal of "to each there own". I feel I can respectfully disagree and let it be. The problem I have is with the intolerance religion breeds. Like somebody above said, religion on a personal level can be something beautiful, but when it gets to a group level 90% of the time it breeds some form of bigotry. Church of Christ thinks everyone except their particular denomination will burn in hell, many baptist sects think the same thing, Jehovah's Witness' think that all non Witness' are wicked and will be executed by god in Armageddon, Islam on a group level I don't even need to mention, Catholicism teaches that all non christian religions are wrong, the list goes on and on. And then when it gets to a political level, it just becomes evil.

To talk to a Church of Christ, or a Jehovah's witness is fine downright pleasant even, they won't come off as bigoted, they are ordinary people who have faith in something divine, they are ordinary people like anyone else. But put them in a group, or go to their meeting place and listen to what they say about outsiders and it can be downright disturbing. Which leaves me rather ambivalent about it all. So I say to each their own, love the individuals rather than detest the groups, lest I become as bigoted as the bigotry I decry.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network
The_vagabond7 said:
..., Catholicism teaches that all non christian religions are wrong,...

I´m catholic myself. I hear lots of people saying the same thing you do The_vagabond and i dont understand whats the problem. Whenever you make a choice (i´m catholic, baptist, atheist, whatever), you are automatically saying that what you believe is right, so, consequently, all the others are wrong. So i dont see why saying that is a big problem. For me personally, i think the reason The Church says that is because we´re living in a society that seems to think that all is relative (or close to it) and thats something that goes against christian doctrine so The Church tries to emphasize that, that there is truth (and right and wrong). Maybe the Church should word it a little better, but i dont see it as a bg problem. 

www.jamesvandermemes.com

It's a big problem on account of divine justice/vengeance, whatever you want to call it. Saying "I believe I am right, and you are wrong" not so bad, Saying We are right, everyone else is an ungodly heathen that will not recieve salvation but will be punished by our all powerful deity, now that get's into some murky moral territory.

I believe I am right, and there is no god, but never would I condemn anyone for believing in a god, nor would I say some one is inferior to me, or is inherently flawed for thinking in a manner other than mine own. The Catholic church (as well as many other religions) feels quite differently.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

I am simply a christian, and believe Jesus came and died for are sins and will come back :)

I'm a part of pentecostal holiness faith.

iWillCrushAllWhoDefyMe!                                                                           PN ID- DrivenToExcell -if you want to add me to your friends list tell me where you know me from(vgchartz) www.twitter.com/driventoexcell

Baptist. Used to go to church weekly, not I rarely go :(

I'm back...