By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Pachter: "I Feel Bad For Sony On The PSP," "Apple Ate Their Lunch"

mhsillen said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
TBL said:

Patcher is an idiot, how can he say the PSP be a failure when it's closing in at 60 million.
Sure it's way behind the DS but considering it's Sony first handheld, they're doing quite good :D

I actually think he's pretty smart, and when did he say the console be a failure?

Pachter is not good at analysis, he has a bad track record.  Real companies use and pay good money to reputable market research.  Pachter is handing his info for free because who would pay for his BS.  He puts out false info to create false impressions in peoples minds. I'm not sure who he wants to benefit besides himself.  The PSP despite Sonys many misteps is very successful.

I agree 50+ million devices in 5 years is successful no matter how you may want to spin it.

Around the Network

Apple operates by taking innovative ideas (from Sony or any other company) that have been somewhat successful and making them more accessible, prettier, and more user friendly. Apple is always the last one to the party, and they are still hugely successful (normally, the innovative company would be the stronger company, but Apple is late for everything and people still eat it up when Apple applies their fresh coat of paint).

jesus kung fu magic said:

No one needed to eat Sony's lunch on this on because they ate it all by themselves.....

This dosent make sense?

ZenfoldorVGI said:

It's like the 3D thing. Nintendo is now going to eat Sony's lunch with the 3DS by having the first dedicated 3D gaming device on them market without the requirement to wear glasses or buy a new TV.

The Virtual Boy?

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

i don't get how anything Pachter said is debateable

1. Apple has eaten a lot of Sony's market share in the portable music market

2. their PSP stratergy didn't work, havn't quite got it right

3. over engineered with capabillities. PSP can be used to turn PS3 on and off but how many users actually know how to do that and use the feature

4. PSP is doomed to smaller market share until they get competitive on price. Both software and hardware are more expensive than their competitors nintendo and Apple. pricing the PSP Go higher was a mistake

5. only way for PSP to become competitive is to bring down the prices and position it more in the multimedia sector

seems pretty sensible to me, i dont see anything thats midn numbingly stupid

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Around the Network
dnnc said:
seriously!, can we be mature serious adults for once, and just question what the fuck does any of that mean. Are we suppose to feel bad for Sony because apple built a better product. You know what! let me send $300 to Sony as my apology for buying an iPod and not PSP.
I am TERRRBLE, charles barkley is pissed at me right now for choosing iPod over PSP.
Fuk U Sony do you how much money I spent on Batteries for your crappy DISCMAN?
iPod for life - PSP can suck it.

This is further proof that Pachter is a douche, a Douche that does not understand it's purpose

???

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

dnnc said:
seriously!, can we be mature serious adults for once, and just question what the fuck does any of that mean. Are we suppose to feel bad for Sony because apple built a better product. You know what! let me send $300 to Sony as my apology for buying an iPod and not PSP.
I am TERRRBLE, charles barkley is pissed at me right now for choosing iPod over PSP.
Fuk U Sony do you how much money I spent on Batteries for your crappy DISCMAN?
iPod for life - PSP can suck it.

This is further proof that Pachter is a douche, a Douche that does not understand it's purpose

It's rude to post mean stuff like that on a forum.  Also, it doesn't make sense.  You called for people to be mature, serious adults but than call people names and tell a company to F itself.  I don't get it.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org