By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rock Band Guitars Failing?

Some users are reporting their guitars not working properly after a few hours of use. Does make me think, all that cheap plastic hardware increases the probability of failure substantially. I could see the drums having problems over time with all the potential beating they could receive.

http://community.rockband.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=8461

Around the Network

Yet another screwup in this gen's game testing? If it keeps going this way pretty soon I won't be able to enumerate them anymore.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Hmmm....I've played around 10-12 hours beat single player on "easy" & almost beat it on "medium"....haven't had any problems with the strum bar yet. Hopefully I don't--I love the game so far--has completely DETHRONED GH3 in my mind.

Well, I now only have access to a PS3 & 360...Plan on buying a wii soon (lol, if I can ever find one available!) but will probably wait until some of the major RPG's come out like Dragon Quest & Tales, etc.

Anyhow, I'm so far behind in games to play that I'm not in a huge hurry (lol, haven't even gotten a chance to finish God of War II yet!) 

Here's the problem - these fools are rockin' so hard they disconnect the guitar cable from the USB cable. Happens all the time - and it's a good thing because your 360 would be on the floor if someone tripped over the cable. It is designed so the cable will detach from the 360 and not pull the 360 down.

How do I know? I have two guitars - and both wouldn't work or show up in the game. I was about to e-mail my rep when I said 'Lemme see ...' and rejiggered the connections. Worked like a charm ...

Buried as inaccurate ...

Also seen reports of the USB hubs not working properly? Only 2 of the 4 connections work?

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

The lesson here is that they shouldn't make fake plastic guitars detachable. The box for rock band is already basically a child sized coffin, it's not like they saved any space by making the guitar like that. As a result people have been complaining about the flimsy plastic it's made out of and the fact the strum bar doesn't seem to work right for some people. Whenever you make something that hundreds of thousands of people will have to put together themselves, there's probably trouble coming in some way.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/buyer-beware/rock-band-guitar-controllers-failing-325595.php

Completed XBLA: 16 / 32
Completed Retail: 17 / 64
GS Completion %: 82.63%

I seemed to have this very problem when playing a demo unit at Best Buy a couple weeks ago. I strummed normally and I was missing notes, like it was bad timing or hitting two one one stroke. The only way I could play fine was to up strum only.

Yesterday I played a practically brand new RB guitar, and the strum bar felt considerably different to the one in BB - it also worked fine.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away"