By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Race is on - 360 vrs PS3 (holiday '07)

you are really mistaken, if you think, that a lot of people bought HD-Dvd or Blu-ray players.
While buying PS3, they will get very good quality player +
games for everyone.

in other consoles, they will get only games.
That`s why PS3 is perfect for FAMILY, it`s exclusively plays 1080p HD movies.
It`s NOT just a console.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network

Why Family wouldn`t buy PS3 this Christmas, which has Blu-ray, Free online, and some great games?

That's the flaw on your theory why PS3 could do well this holiday. A DVD player (whether regular, HD-DVD, or Blu-Ray) is for family entertainment. Most middle class families (where most sales come from in the USA) do not want an expensive DVD player/videogame console. This day and age the consoles are mainly in younger people rooms. Nintendo is the perfect choice for families because its small, it can be kept next to the home DVD player in the living room where their little kids play, and as they grow into teenagers their trends will change and these youngsters will be moving on to the privacy of their room where they might get an upgrade later on. Neither the XBox 360 nor the PS3 are mainstream items, they are being adopted by the hardcore and some teenagers based on their parents decisions.

What are you looking at, nerd?

That`s why x360 software sales usually outsells almost twice, then Wii, while the differenece is less then 33% of sold consoles in usa.
yeah, sure, people don`t care about HD gaming. lol.

With games like Singstar, EoJ, GH3, LBP - PS3 is defietely mainstream.
And price is perfect now, for a system, which you will USE next 5 years.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

CrazzyMan said:

That`s why PS3 is perfect for FAMILY, it`s exclusively plays 1080p HD movies.
It`s NOT just a console.

I bet most of ppl know that information?

I'll ask my parents... nope, they absolutely don't care.

Wait, my GF can maybe know that, she's younger afterall... nope, no luck there.

Hmm, maybe my younger brother (18) could know that, he's the owner of PS2 and plays it most of the time, he should know this... nope. Sorry, no luck - try next time

Besides, BR ain't standard yet. So, not standard === not massive

CrazzyMan said:
That`s why x360 software sales usually outsells almost twice, then Wii, while the differenece is less then 33% of sold consoles in usa.
yeah, sure, people don`t care about HD gaming. lol.

With games like Singstar, EoJ, GH3, LBP - PS3 is defietely mainstream.
And price is perfect now, for a system, which you will USE next 5 years.

Hardcore gamers do care about HD gaming - therefore higher attach ratio for X360

Singstar and LBP are out? EoJ is a mainstream game? You can get GH3 for every of the 3 consoles

5 years are a loooong period. BR could loose to HD-DVD much sooner, which would make the BR player funciontality of PS3 rather... redundant? 

Around the Network

Don't know about worldwide but in North America the 360 will easily beat the living crap out of the PS3 this holiday season. (hardware & especially software)

WiiFit will be 2008 #1 selling game in NORTH AMERICA!  
End of '08 Predictions: Wii - 48m X360 - 25m  PS3 - 19m
Wii monthly NA sales will top 400k every month in '08. *Jan sales ruined it. Grrrr!*
WiiFit will top 1m in sales in its first month of release in North America.
MGS4 will NOT be released in '08. *Darn it!* FF13 will NOT be released in '08.
Rockband Wii will top 600k in first month sales in North America.
WiiFit will pass the PS3 WW sales by Xmas '09.

Well sales for the PS3 in Japan can get a huge boost with one of the biggest RPG's the PS3 has right now, White Knight Chronicles. This is if it hits the release date, Late December.

Quack!

I'll bet my avatar and a 1 month ban that the PS3 by March 08 will be 3 Million units away in WW sales of the Wii. konnichiwa, Your gonna regret this!!!!!!

I believe that the ps3 in japan is only a good rpg away from exploding so if white knight story does very well then things could get very interesting.

When did the last good RPG hit Japan? because I can't think of one.

Quack!

I'll bet my avatar and a 1 month ban that the PS3 by March 08 will be 3 Million units away in WW sales of the Wii. konnichiwa, Your gonna regret this!!!!!!

I really don't think PS3 stands a chance against 360 this holiday season.. (at least in USA and Canada) The most telling evidence of this is that Assassins Creed is the best selling PS3 debut yet but it STILL was outsold more than 2:1 by the 360 version.