By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do You get an "EMPTY" FEELING after beating an AMAZING game?!

Darth, me and you are similar...

Happened to me with FF4, FF7, Pokemon Yellow, GTA3, GTA:VC, GTA:SA, MGS1+2+3+4, Uncharted 1, Demon's Souls and a few more games.

Around the Network

I used to feel great playing games, and thought stuff like 'wow that was awesome' nowadays, regardless of a games quality (which I can still recognise) I feel next to nothing. I enjoy games in the moment, but looking back on them in any way... I don't feel anything.

Never used to be like that, I think it's kinda weird, and kinda sad :(

It only happened since I got an XBOX360 too. I felt normal with Uncharted 2... and God of War 3 though... most games kinda seem to end with the feeling somethings missing... like I was expecting something more... don't know what it is.

Yes, its the exact reason I am taking my SWEET time finishing God Of War 3. Ill play for 15 minutes, see something amazing, and save. I do not want it to end. I imagine when I finally get Mass Effect 2 I will have this same feeling.

I am a gamer. Not a fanboy, not a troll, a gamer. So when you dont like what I have to say, remember this fact.

I know what feeling darth is talking about that I've had it so many times

The Entire MGS Series especially MGS4. I felt that big time during MGS4
Final Fantasy VII, VIII and X
Uncharted 2
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
God of War II
There are more but I can't think of them all right now.

And I know I'll get this feeling when I finished Final Fantasy XIII, Heavy Rain and God of War III.

I felt that way with ffXll, Resident Evil 5 (coop) , trine (A great coop, psn platformer) , basically most coop games.

Around the Network

This is why you wait 5 years before buying a game so that it has sequels and spinoffs so you won't be sad.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

lmao hell nah

I felt that way with:

Tales of Symphonia for the GCN

I made all, i mean, ALL, the sidequest, i just loved that game until . . .

Namco stared whoring the Tales of series and they didnt miss the chance to screw ToS:Dawn of the New World.

I have it there, barely have played 7 hours, i am always wondering:

WHERE IS MY MAP ! ! ! ! !

PS: I want to ride with that little dog and explore the world, not just a Point A to Point B NES-style animation

I know that feeling. I recall Shadow of the Colossus, MGS, FF VII-X, Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time, Bioshock, Assassin's Creed 2, Uncharted, and recently God of War III leaving me with a sense of void and sadness not because they were bad in any sense, It's because they ended. I guess that's when you know you have experienced greatness!

Not for Half life, I still play the Single player campaign, although I still search for modded maps =)

That's Gordon Freeman in "Real-Life"