By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - transformers 3 confirmed today, for a summer 2011 release.

Soriku said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Soriku said:
stof said:
Soriku - are you saying we should be happy that some of the worst films make the most money?

I'm saying they weren't bad movies.

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince grossed more, and it was a better movie.

See? I can say pointless stuff too.

I thought T2 was the better movie but HP6 was good too so I don't really care :P

Just proving that box office gross isn't a counter-argument for quality (which I guess you ignored). 

Opinion is opinion, of course, but flashy CGI and "cool battles" don't make up for an otherwise bad movie. It was the same thing with the Star Wars prequels.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
MontanaHatchet said:

Just proving that box office gross isn't a counter-argument for quality (which I guess you ignored). 

Opinion is opinion, of course, but flashy CGI and "cool battles" don't make up for an otherwise bad movie. It was the same thing with the Star Wars prequels.

I thought it was a great movie. And the fact it grossed so much means a lot of people have ot have enjoyed it as well.

Okay Soriku, you know that's an unfounded assumption. For all you know, 90% of the people who saw the movie bought their own tickets and still ended up hating it. Again, you don't really know.

Soriku said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Soriku said:
MontanaHatchet said:

I thought it was a great movie. And the fact it grossed so much means a lot of people have ot have enjoyed it as well.

Okay Soriku, you know that's an unfounded assumption. For all you know, 90% of the people who saw the movie bought their own tickets and still ended up hating it. Again, you don't really know.

A lot of movies gross a lot because people see it multiple times. Honestly, you can say the same for any other popular movie or any other game or any other book or whatever but I really doubt you've said anything similar to the other mediums. Sure, you can say 90% of people hated it, but do you really believe that?

I don't want to argue this anymore. You hated it, I liked it. OK, whatever, move on. It still made a lot of money and T3 will make a lot of money as well.

It was an example, one that's random because we actually have no idea how many people liked it. And making a lot of money or having a lot of fans doesn't mean much at all (you should know this being a JRPG fan).

Fine, be done with it then. Don't be so mad at me because you're wrong.

A film based on a well known property and with a massive marketing budget is going to get a decent gross regarless of quality.

What evidence do I have? Twilight...

And I thought I read somewhere that Bay was going to make something else before pumping out Transformers 3. Anyone else come across this?

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2

Around the Network

i liked the first 2, which i only watched last week for the first time so im looking forward to this

Soriku said:
Both Transformers movies were the best movies of their respective years so I have no doubt Transformers 3 will be the same :) Can't wait though it'll take a while to release...

Soriku, I'm putting out an executive order:

You are no longer actually allowed into movie theaters. Or blockbuster. Or Hollywood Video. Or at netflix.com.

Or anywhere.

You can't watch movies anymore.

I can't even blame your taste on your age anymore, when I was 16 or 17 or whatever I had seen and appreciated some legitimately good films

FaRmLaNd said:
A film based on a well known property and with a massive marketing budget is going to get a decent gross regarless of quality.

Exactly. Also the 3rd one will have a lot of people like me who hated the second one but will go see it regardless to see what happens. I mean... I'd rather see a terrible action movie than a cheesy romance any day of the week.

FaRmLaNd said:

I see your evidence and raise you an Alice in Wonderland. I believe that statistically, you are 10 times more likely to love that movie if you haven't actually seen it yet.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

stof said:
FaRmLaNd said:

I see your evidence and raise you an Alice in Wonderland. I believe that statistically, you are 10 times more likely to love that movie if you haven't actually seen it yet.

I agree. From the Mad Hatter's sword fighting to Helena Bonham Carter's "acting," that was the worst piece of crap I've seen all year (well, the only, but I'm sure there are plenty more pieces of crap to come).