By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3 Awesomse Nintendo-related RPG Magazine Rumors!

i really hope they come true

Around the Network
Nintendownsmii said:
Soriku said:
Mario + FF = Win

It'd be like KH when FF + Disney. Except instead of Disney it's Mario. Lol Bowser + Kefka FTW!
---

On another note, Surfer Girl got another thing right--Rainbow Six Vegas 2.

Bowser + Kefka ZOMG

As for Rainbow Six Vegas 2... honestly who DIDN'T see that comming?

#3 seems like a no brainer.

Really Hoping for 1 and 2 though. Ogre Battle rocks. 

yeah im really waiting for ogre batlle to come to the vc

The Ogre Battle series is my all-time favorite strategy/RPG series (yes, I even put it above my beloved Fire Emblem).  If we get an Ogre Battle game on the Wii I will seriously cream my pants.

Hopefully, we'll get one in the vein of March of the Black Queen and Person of Lordly Caliber.  I prefer that style of gameplay to the Tactics Ogre style, though I'd gladly take that too...

Man I hope this turns out to be true...

Oh, and Golden Sun 3 should've been a Gamecube game, but let's hope it happens on the Wii.  The first two were brilliant!

Man I hope its another Tactic Ogre game. I love that eries; best tactical rpg series ever. Ever since Quest got bought by Square I was hoping for a sequel to Tactic Ogre but it never happened.

Btw, if I like the Tactic Ogre games will I enjoy the Ogre Battle games?

Around the Network

Considering that the Paper Mario Series has moved away from RPG gameplay, it would even make sense to re-establish the Mario RPG series... PLEASE make it happen, Nintendo & Square!!!

Currently playing: NSMB (Wii) 

Waiting for: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii), The Last Story (Wii), Golden Sun (DS), Portal 2 (Wii? or OSX), Metroid: Other M (Wii), 
... and of course Zelda (Wii) 
tk1797 said:
Man I hope its another Tactic Ogre game. I love that eries; best tactical rpg series ever. Ever since Quest got bought by Square I was hoping for a sequel to Tactic Ogre but it never happened.

It's not a gurantee.  You will get to see the beginings of those Zenobians who help you out.  Well a couple of them.  Gilidus and Mildain I think are just supposed to be random knights.

I like both series but I can see how someone might not like the Ogre Battle series compared to the Tactics Ogre series. 

I'd highly reccomend it though.  March of the Black Queen can be found on SNES and PS1.  Well and the illegal stuff i frown opon.

Alternativly there is Ogre Batle 64.  On the 64.  Which takes place at about the exact same time Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together does elsewhere.

The timeline I believe goes.

Tactics Ogre: Knight of Lodis

Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen

Tactics Ogre: LOCT = Ogre Battle 64

Kasz216 said:
tk1797 said:

It's not a gurantee.  You will get to see the beginings of those Zenobians who help you out.  Well a couple of them.  Gilidus and Mildain I think are just supposed to be random knights.

I like both series but I can see how someone might not like the Ogre Battle series compared to the Tactics Ogre series. 

I'd highly reccomend it though.  March of the Black Queen can be found on SNES and PS1.  Well and the illegal stuff i frown opon.

Alternativly there is Ogre Batle 64.  On the 64.  Which takes place at about the exact same time Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together does elsewhere.

...to offer an addendum: 

Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen (SNES) = Episode 5

Ogre Battle: Person of Lordly Caliber (N64) = Episode 6

Tactics Ogre: Let us Cling Together (SNES) = Episode 7

Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis was a side story that took place between Episode 6 and Episode 7.  I'm not sure where the NeoGeo Pocket Color Ogre Battle game falls though.

Soriku said:
Ogre Battle = Tactics Ogre???

Yes...  The Ogre series.  The terms 'Ogre Battle' and 'Tactics Ogre' only denote the style of gameplay.

Kenology said:
Kasz216 said:
tk1797 said:

...to offer an addendum: 

Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen (SNES) = Episode 5

Ogre Battle: Person of Lordly Caliber (N64) = Episode 6

Tactics Ogre: Let us Cling Together (SNES) = Episode 7

Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis was a side story that took place between Episode 6 and Episode 7.  I'm not sure where the NeoGeo Pocket Color Ogre Battle game falls though.

That doesn't seem right.  The thing with LUCT and Ogre battle 64 is that they both used characters from "March of the Black Queen, but seperate ones. 

It seemed like that they were acting around the same time to stymie Lodis' attempts to gain power.  While they were episodes 6 and 7 i'd maintain that they happened during the same time span.

The A+ ending of Knight of Lodis would seem to indicate to me that it hapened before March of Black Queen when you consider the apparant age difference between the character from LUCT that shows up at the end.  Though I may be off... but considering the time difference and the fact that the characters in Person of Lordly caliber don't seem much if at all older then their incarnations during March of the Black Queen.

Not to mention their is still the untold meeting of Lans and the other Lans between Knight of Lodis and Let Us Cling Together.  It seems like the characters would be older then they appear in LOCT based on that timeline.

Considering LUCT and Person of Lordly Caliber seem to suggest that shortly after Tristan gained reign over Zenobia he sent the heroes to stymie Lodis in taking over smaller countries it would seem this enocunter would have had to take place BEFORE March of the Black Queen... or atleast DURING March of the Black Queen... which would mean Knight of Lodis would have to predate March of the Black Queen.

My guess is that it occured during the fall of Lans homeland right before King Gran was killed or after when Lans made his retreat.