By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3 Awesomse Nintendo-related RPG Magazine Rumors!

carlos710 said:
takeru51 said:
I thought that the Golden Sun one was practically confirmed? (I've never even played it before, but it's spoken of highly... and often...)

I'm glad that the SMRPG would be on DS, I think it's better suited to a "low-power" style.

Golden Sun wii is almost a lock, however we still need official announcement :)

I'm not too sure if this is really a lock because Camelot was not working together with Nintendo recently and their Golf game will not be published by Nintendo but by Capcom. Of course people were talking about the RPG made by Camelot for the Wii for ages now, but nothing has been seen yet about it.

However, I really hope we will see GS 3 soon!

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

Around the Network

#1 and 3 would be really amazing, if it's true, of course...

Number 3 is most likely to happen sometime... But I'm not sure about 1.

2 is the one that interests me. How could you not as Soriku! Hah.

Super Mario RPG i'd be down for... but with Final Fantasy characters.... ehhhh. That just seems... off. Like combining street fighter and Bubble Bobble.

3. Might be neat. I've never heard of these games but people are talking so highly about them it seems like it's an RPG series i somehow missed out on that i should look into immediatly.

naznatips said:
Soriku said:
I told Konnichiwa about this.

I also asked Surfer Girl. She said 1 is doubtful, 2 I didn't ask, 3 is true.

You didn't ask about 2?!?  Failure!  2 is the best part!  Did no one play Ogre Battle games??

The more i learn about your gaming habits the more I like you.

darconi said:
naznatips said:
Well glad at least Tears and Ari played Ogre Battle. Shame on the rest of you! You are missing out on one of the best Strategy RPG series ever made. Pretty much the only one I like better than Ogre Battle is Fire Emblem.

Naz, I never got the chance to play Ogre Battle, how is it different than Fire Emblem?  Agreed that its the one of most interest to me on that list as well.  Its been way overdue for a sequel.

Well the Ogre Battle series has two types of game play. The Ogre Battle series that was used for Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen, Ogre Battle 64. And I believe some japanese cell phone gaiden of March of the Black Queen.

In this type you raise a large army as they progess in levels they can transform into new classes dependent on their stats and alignments that you get by killing certain units and what cities you liberate.  You also have a "reputation" bar and many events that can get you like 10 different endings maybe even more.

Like Fire Emblem the battles here are mostly out of your control afer you set your formations before you show up on the map, and try and make sure you get battles in your advantageous terrain. 

The Tactics Ogre series is... Tactics Ogre and Tactics Ogre: Knight of Lodis.

Well have you ever played Final Fantasy Tactcs.  Square pretty much bought a large number of the Tactics Ogres developers to make Final Fantasy Tactics.. so they are really similar, though instead of a job system the class system works like the Ogre Battle class system.

Nothing is more fun then a gunner with teleport boots.  To bad you have to wait so long and gunners are practically a secret class.

Around the Network

I'm going to pray every night that #1 is true. Super Mario RPG to this day is still my fave of all time.

Never argue with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Brawl FC: 0473-7449-8088

Soriku said:
Mario + FF = Win

It'd be like KH when FF + Disney. Except instead of Disney it's Mario. Lol Bowser + Kefka FTW!
---

On another note, Surfer Girl got another thing right--Rainbow Six Vegas 2.

Bowser + Kefka ZOMG

As for Rainbow Six Vegas 2... honestly who DIDN'T see that comming?

#3 seems like a no brainer.

Really Hoping for 1 and 2 though. Ogre Battle rocks. 

Soriku said:
Mario + FF = Win

It'd be like KH when FF + Disney. Except instead of Disney it's Mario. Lol Bowser + Kefka FTW!
---

On another note, Surfer Girl got another thing right--Rainbow Six Vegas 2.

can you think for yourself? that was obvious, ubisoft has been cashin on the tom clancy name for years. 

Not sure if it already has been posted, but here are the first 2 scans of "Fragile":

Pretty amazing if you ask me, for a moment I thought it was a PS2 / PS3 RPG, since the game looks so... "serious".

The game takes place in the future in where light has been disappeared, but the moon still is around. Also the main part of the world civilization has been vanished and replaced for cold and dark evil mist. The mainpart of the game is being played by "Seto", a boy which travels around the world in the search for the people who have left and especially for a mysterious girl. You carry around a flash-light and wooden / metal tools.

Remote is mostly used to use the flashlight and tools. You use the flashlight, to look through the mist in search of enemies or any people and to solve puzzles. So far unsure what part the Nunchuck will have in the game.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

*~Onna76~* said:

Not sure if it already has been posted, but here are the first 2 scans of "Fragile":

(pictures here)

Pretty amazing if you ask me, for a moment I thought it was a PS2 / PS3 RPG, since the game looks so... "serious".

The game takes place in the future in where light has been disappeared, but the moon still is around. Also the main part of the world civilization has been vanished and replaced for cold and dark evil mist. The mainpart of the game is being played by "Seto", a boy which travels around the world in the search for the people who have left and especially for a mysterious girl. You carry around a flash-light and wooden / metal tools.

Remote is mostly used to use the flashlight and tools. You use the flashlight, to look through the mist in search of enemies or any people and to solve puzzles. So far unsure what part the Nunchuck will have in the game.

I saw that too (IIRC in gonintendo.com) and I'm seriously drooling!

PS: Oh god, Soriku is on his Wii again...