By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3 Awesomse Nintendo-related RPG Magazine Rumors!

RPG Magazine rumors (Super Mario RPG return, and more)

These rumors come from RPG Magazine, issue number 5…

- Square-Enix is considering bringing back Super Mario RPG by making a sequel on the DS. The sequel would include more characters from the Final Fantasy universe.

- Ogre Battle may be heading back to the Wii, and Yasumi Matsuno would be involved

- Camelot is bringing back the Golden Sun series by making a Wii installment. Fighting would be mostly focused on the Nunchuk.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=30026

I'm not sure how credible RPG Magazine is, but it would be great if these are all true.

Around the Network

saw it on gaf too, orgasmic if true, even one of them

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

I would say that the wii its going to be the RPG king on this gen however i get flamed on another thread for saying that...

Yet, i would bet that the Wii is going to be the RPG king this gen.

Excellent news if at least 1/3 or 2/3 of this rumors become true.

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

naznatips said

Square-Enix is considering bringing back Super Mario RPG by making a sequel on the DS. The sequel would include more characters from the Final Fantasy universe.

Mushroom Kingdom Hearts confirmed!

If this is true though I can't believe SE is testing out a joke.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

The only thing that interest me is Super Mario RPG 2

Ps: in before Soriku says 'Surfer girl said it'

Edit: damned to late X_X.

Around the Network

I thought that the Golden Sun one was practically confirmed? (I've never even played it before, but it's spoken of highly... and often...)

I'm glad that the SMRPG would be on DS, I think it's better suited to a "low-power" style.

all 3 of those would be so danm kick ass

So glad i have a wii set for christmas, so danm excited, till t hen thankfully the 360 is keeping me quite busy

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Soriku said:
I told Konnichiwa about this.

I also asked Surfer Girl. She said 1 is doubtful, 2 I didn't ask, 3 is true.

How did you ask Surfer Girl? And who the hell is she? And where the hell is she in the internet?

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

takeru51 said:
I thought that the Golden Sun one was practically confirmed? (I've never even played it before, but it's spoken of highly... and often...)

I'm glad that the SMRPG would be on DS, I think it's better suited to a "low-power" style.

Golden Sun wii is almost a lock, however we still need official announcement :)

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

Soriku said:
I told Konnichiwa about this.

I also asked Surfer Girl. She said 1 is doubtful, 2 I didn't ask, 3 is true.

You didn't ask about 2?!?  Failure!  2 is the best part!  Did no one play Ogre Battle games??