By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft: Natal Does Not Discriminate Against Living Rooms

Izanagi said:
So I HAVE to use this in my living room? Yeah thats not going to work as its mostly dominated by other members of my fam

*facepalm*

I would type out an explanation, but I can't believe someone would actually believe this.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
famousringo said:
It's good that Microsoft is clearing this misconception up, but I do find myself wondering about the viewing angle of the Natal camera now. How close can you get before it can't see your feet? Obviously that depends on the camera's height.

I wonder if it will have some kind of fisheye lens with correction or wide angle or whatever the film guys call it.

I too am wondering about the FOV of Natal.  The wider it is, the less per pixel accuracy you will get.  Will the RGB lens be the same as the depth sensor lens?  I really doubt Natal can change lenses depending on the environment.  The MS comment is very vague, so we probably will not find any concrete answers until E3.

JaggedSac said:
theprof00 said:
famousringo said:
It's good that Microsoft is clearing this misconception up, but I do find myself wondering about the viewing angle of the Natal camera now. How close can you get before it can't see your feet? Obviously that depends on the camera's height.

I wonder if it will have some kind of fisheye lens with correction or wide angle or whatever the film guys call it.

I too am wondering about the FOV of Natal.  The wider it is, the less per pixel accuracy you will get.  Will the RGB lens be the same as the depth sensor lens?  I really doubt Natal can change lenses depending on the environment.  The MS comment is very vague, so we probably will not find any concrete answers until E3.

I thought I remembered hearing that it had two lenses or something like that... like one is a regular camera and the other is a radar type. I dunno. I'm excited to hear more though.

nordlead said:
Izanagi said:
So I HAVE to use this in my living room? Yeah thats not going to work as its mostly dominated by other members of my fam

*facepalm*

I would type out an explanation, but I can't believe someone would actually believe this.

Maybe you should, Im a little lost, Is NATAL useable in a small space or what?

Can Natal cause cancer?

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network
AbbathTheGrim said:

Can Natal cause cancer?

Now this is just silly.

Carcinogens have been packed in with the 360 console since day one. The average consumer can't even tell the difference between the 360's carcinogens and the PS3's carcinogens. There's no need for Microsoft to add more cancer to Natal.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Man the hype keeps getting better and better.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB