By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is Sony focusing on TOO many things for 2010???

I mean they are focusing on PS move and its games. At the the same time they are focusing on 3D and its games.

launching both properly is kinda of a hard thing .especially when they are launched too close to one another.

can they pull it off?do you think that they are loosing focus ??

I wanna hear your thoughts on this.

cheers

Around the Network

I dont think they are really going to put too much into PS MOVE which is a good thing... I think they are going to keep putting out more exclusives than 360 which each, clearly show the difference in what each machine can do.

“Absolutely, we can do much more with it. I don’t know if we are even close to 50 percent of PlayStation 3’s power at this point,” said Asmussen about God of War 3.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

They have a massive worldwide studio, so it shouldn't be a problem to support all their endeavors.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

they might want to just test test the water for PS4 to see if they wanna incorporate these features since launch or not.

I don't believe they are.

I suspect their major gaming push around 3D will be involved with Gran Turismo 5 which is the perfect candidate for 3D given its high native resolution, high frame-rate and performance scaling through multiple PS3s and being that its one of the rare exceptions where depth perception in a game is of a great help to gameplay. This is seperate from what they are doing with Move as GT5 as far as I can see is incompatible with Move aside from perhaps headtracking with the PS-Eye. This is their obvious killer app for 3D and they don't have to do much more than that at this point as 3D adoption is something which cannot be forced.

The majority of the push between 3D/Motion will be on motion as thats a technology thats applicable for up >100% of their current userbase potentially as if it works well it can potentially expand their audience so deservedly it will get the majority of their attention this year. The potential split in terms of resources is probably 90:10 in favour of Move but that makes a lot of sense as they still have to wait for TVs to catch up in relation to 3D but early momentum doesn't hurt there at all either.

Tease.

Around the Network

they are clearly not as focus as MS with Natal and HReach since last E3 !

Time to Work !

well different teams work on different jobs, and since Sony is huge its not really a big deal for them.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Is Sony focusing on too many things?
It is yet to be seen if Move is executed at a great level or not... which would answer this question.

But lets give Sony the benefit of the doubt here, lets assume its December 2010 already and Move has launched with a great lineup and PS3's are flying off the shelves at almost the same rate as wii's (a boost also due to a 3d enabled Gt5)

with this being the best case scenario, I see 3D as a feature they are adding for the time being with minimal games being released in 2010 that seek to properly utilize this tech.
It is nice to know that the PS3 will play 3D blu-rays, and even games.

But it does mean the consumer needs to buy a new tv, and Sony knows this. They aren't going to release a ton of 3D "launch" games and promote the feature as much as they could because they know very few consumers will have bought a 3D tv at that point.

So long story short;
Is Sony focusing on too many things?
- Nope

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

Sony also makes music and movies and tv and other electronics. I think they'll be ok.

They also working on PS4 and PSP2 (Probably :))