By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Reggie: Move is “Wii-too”

Does every thread ever made now have to be blah blah blah is copying blah blah blah was first. Who cares??? Enjoy you system or systems of choice.

Around the Network
the2bears said:
Dno said:
who cares who copied who.. sony (IMO) is doing it right because we have hardcore games... AND they give me a choice to play them with or without the controller. Sony has my money on this controller.

Did they have your money on SIXAXIS too?  Will this be any more successful? 

yes they did have my money and i use the dualshock/Sixaxis everyday because it has games that come out on a steady basis....

the move looks great and it has games that i like. a first for motion control for me.  Wow the nintendo fanboys are scared .

Dno said:
the2bears said:
Dno said:
who cares who copied who.. sony (IMO) is doing it right because we have hardcore games... AND they give me a choice to play them with or without the controller. Sony has my money on this controller.

Did they have your money on SIXAXIS too?  Will this be any more successful? 

yes they did have my money and i use the dualshock/Sixaxis everyday because it has games that come out on a steady basis....

the move looks great and it has games that i like. a first for motion control for me.  Wow the nintendo fanboys are scared .

Do any new games actually make use of SIXAXIS functionality?  I thought SONY stopped shipping the original controller and went with just a dualshock thing.  If that's the case, then SIXAXIS is a failure.  And that, is exactly my point.  However, if they still ship it and make games for it then I take this all back.

the2bears - the indie shmup blog
the2bears said:

Do any new games actually make use of SIXAXIS functionality?  I thought SONY stopped shipping the original controller and went with just a dualshock thing.  If that's the case, then SIXAXIS is a failure.  And that, is exactly my point.  However, if they still ship it and make games for it then I take this all back.

Sony dual shock 3 controllers which are sold currently contain sixaxis as well. There are a few games coming out which use the functionality. Flower and Heavy Rain are examples from recent memory but overall support is very limited. I can understand why you're confused as they don't seem to advertise the functionality and people generally don't talk about it anymore.

Tease.

jneul said:
jarrod said:
jneul said:
jarrod said:
jneul said:
jarrod said:
jneul said:

wii sports is a copy from eye toy sports ::)

Eh... you know Wii Sports actually launched at the same time as EyeToy Play Sports right?  And that it was completed earlier?

Nevermind that the games play almost NOTHING alike...

keep on dreamin lol, a whole couple of day's difference, and it doesn't matter who did it first, it's who got it out the door first, in theis case eye toy sports did, just using some retarded logic here, that others have used to justify their statements

wii sports: It was first released in North America along with the Wii on November 19, 2006, and was released in Japan, Australia, and Europe the following month (from wikipedia)

EyeToy Play Sports: November 3 2006(from the ps website)

Wii Sports was held back by a platform launch, it was almost complete (and fully playable) at E3 2006.  EyeToy Play Sports only released in Europe too btw.

And again, there's the fact that they play basically NOTHING alike. ;)

yeah but wii can't do this but yet ps move is a copy /s

People say it's base design and initial software lineup are copies.  And they are.

Of course Move can do things the Wii can't, but come on...

hang on there is no ball on the wiimote, it is not the same, sorry using more retarded fanboy logic here, doing this until you all come to your senses how much you all are being very silly

You're being intentionally obtuse. If you printed that picture, wrote "2006" and "2010" on each side and showed it to 1,000 people on the street, 990+ will say it's a blatant ripoff.  That the tech is different means absolutely nothing.

As a PS3/Wii owner I'm super pissed off about Shitacular Move. Here we have motion control finally making some real headway in gaming thanks to Nintendo's efforts. What does Sony do? COPIES the Wii. Like a blatant and sad ripoff. Put a dress on that pig all you want, hell put on makeup but at the end of the day it's still a pig in a dress.

I wanted to see where ELSE motion control gaming could go. Thanks for treading the same ground Sony, you uncreative fucks!

So yeah as a PS3 owner I'm pissed. I wanted to see a wildly different direction like Natal is going. Sure it may not work, but it provides some ground work for the future.

If PSP2 has a touch screen I'm going to lose my shit.

What I don't understand is why other PS owners aren't pissed off, too.  Seriously, why are you not pissed off that, in this great motion control frontier, Sony is tending the lawn at the log cabin?