By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anyone else still want to see a chrono trigger/cross sequel?

I do. Chrono Cross was the last game in the series back in 1999 that 11 years now. Square Enix patented the title Chrono Break a while ago but the creator of the series left and now we are left with no sequel to a great franchise.  I feel like why waste time with games like the last remnant, lost odyssey and FF: crystal chronicles when you can actually be making a AAA game that has a fan base behind it already. I thought that since they made a chrono trigger DS remake that maybe a sequel was on the horizon.

Around the Network

I would rather have 1 more chrono game than I would multiple Zelda, Mario, and Uncharted, games. A new Chono game would instantly become my most anticipated game!

Want. More than Starcraft 2. And I want that so damn bad

I wouldn't. I liked them back when I liked JRPGs, but I think Square spends too much time in their old franchises now and needs to branch out into new stuff. I was a big fan of Square when they were making all different types of games, experimenting with new concepts. I still think that Einhander was one of the best sidescrolling space shooters ever made and Bushido Blade was a very interesting concept and a fun game. A shame to see that era gone.

I give this thread a 9.5.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

being the biggest Chrono Cross fan on this site, I would have to approve of this idea.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network

Chrono Trigger is perfect as it is, a self contained game that don't need sequels.
And Chrono Cross sucked. So... no.

I mean, what if we get a game with not 40 useless characters, but 80??

And it's not like the "dream team" will work together again. So, again, no.

Chrono Cross is the best RPG ever, IMO. The battle system is flawless, the characters are all interesting and you get to make your party how it best suits you, and the story is terrific. Loved the environments as well and it had the best graphics of its time.

andremop said:
Chrono Trigger is perfect as it is, a self contained game that don't need sequels.
And Chrono Cross sucked. So... no.

I mean, what if we get a game with not 40 useless characters, but 80!

you just made one of the nicest people on VGC (me) hate you -_-

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

hatmoza said: "being the biggest Chrono Cross fan on this site, I would have to approve of this idea."

---I think you have some competition for that spot lol :)

heywoodjablome said:
hatmoza said: "being the biggest Chrono Cross fan on this site, I would have to approve of this idea."

---I think you have some competition for that spot lol :)

I wish you were here 15 months ago (time flies) when I would wreak havoc on anyone who would bad talk Chrono Cross. Ah the good ol' days. 

Always glad to meet the fans however :P