By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What will be featured on the next wii console?

I honestly can't think of anything that the Wii 2 will have besides HD, Although their biggest sellers like wii sports, wii play, wii fit, mario games, zelda games, sonic, animal crossing, etc will all look funny in HD.

Around the Network

Since the Wii can be said to have been inspired from the PowerGlove, the Wii two will be inspired from R.O.B.

I own all of lastgen systems as of October 2008. (Finally got a Dreamcast)

I own every currentgen system except PS3.

HD

Voice recognition maybe

A video camera (I guess they will be the norm by next gen)

A hard drive!

VR Specs?  It's been a while since the virtual boy!

The dude abides   

I could imagine something Power-Glove-esque being integrated. It's been 25 years, the technology has to have improved significantly. It would sort of bridge the gap between Wii and Natal in terms of finding the right balance of immersion and tangibility (since the wiimote by its shape and such still has limitations for creating immersion, but Natal doesn't have enough of a physical anchor)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:

I could imagine something Power-Glove-esque being integrated. It's been 25 years, the technology has to have improved significantly. It would sort of bridge the gap between Wii and Natal in terms of finding the right balance of immersion and tangibility (since the wiimote by its shape and such still has limitations for creating immersion, but Natal doesn't have enough of a physical anchor)

Hell yeah!  Bring on the power glove!  I didn't get a chance to try it the first time round.  It looks pretty damn cool though!

The dude abides   

Around the Network

More precision and HD graphics.

It'll be the super nintendo of wii.

No, you guys are thinking all wrong about this, you guys are thinking hardware, when you should be thinking Software, what games will consumers want, what are they interested, and I don't mean the core gamers, I mean the much wider audience, what experiences will they enjoy, that can't be done on the Wii, then you can understand the next Nintendo system.

It will domine the World.

And it wont be named like "Wii 2" os "Super Wii" or "Wii HD"...

MY ZELDA COLLECTION

and that is why the Nintendo greats such as Iwata and Miyamoto are running a multi billion dollar games company and you aren't. They have already stated that the next console will display in HD resolutions, but that it will also do more.

Also heedstone - why would they downgrade to a (magnetic) harddrive? Usually the idea is to put better technologies in your newer consoles.

MasterZack said:
It will domine the World.

And it wont be named like "Wii 2" os "Super Wii" or "Wii HD"...

Nintendo Hitler