By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii is most-wanted widget in wintertime

NEW YORK - Each holiday season, a couple hard-to-find toys send parents hunting from store to store. And, each season, they're soon forgotten: Has your Elmo gotten any tickles lately?

But this year, it looks like the gift everybody is looking for is the same as last year: the Nintendo Wii.

A year after its launch, the small video game console sells out almost immediately when it reaches stores, even after Nintendo Co. has ramped up production several times.

"Right now, if you work at it, it's not too hard," said John Lawrence, of Fort Worth, Texas, who bought a Wii a few weeks ago for his 9-year-old grandson. It took him some online sleuthing to find one at a local GameStop.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071120/ap_on_hi_te/holiday_wanting_the_wii

Sorry if this has been posted already...

Around the Network

We are going to have to teach the media that it is "game system" not "game." That irks me so much.

I didn't think about all the toy problems causing people to go for Wii instead. Well, I thought about it, but didn't finalize any connections.

There was no mention of anything being called "game" like that until the thing about the DS at the very, very end.

And I like how Sony tries to put a positive spin on their competitor running out of stock, when they ship like five times as much.

It's like the comic I remember that came out near launch. There was one "PS3" sold and the guy was all excited about "selling out", while there was "Wii" after "Wii" after "Wii" sold (which ended up selling out, too, and making a whole lot more money).

SW-5120-1900-6153

thetonestarr said:

It's like the comic I remember that came out near launch. There was one "PS3" sold and the guy was all excited about "selling out", while there was "Wii" after "Wii" after "Wii" sold (which ended up selling out, too, and making a whole lot more money).

This one?

BrainBoxLtd said:
thetonestarr said:

This one?

Rofl, +10000.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you