By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGC Music Game Redux- Round 1

*strikes the gong* Time is up! And a last minute submission from SHMUPGurus gives him the gold for this round with 9 points! elprincipe gets to have the silver with 7.5, and ClaudeLv250, SaviorX, and Johnny B get to share the bronze with 7. As for the answers:

1. I thought this might be tricky because of the mix I chose, but I just had to use this mix, from the FDS version of The Legend of Zelda. It just sounds so much better than the NES version to me. Of course, I didn't require you to identify the FDS part...

2. I thought this would be somewhat of a gift, but I guess not. Shinra's theme from Final Fantasy 7 actually faltered a bit in the end with people's guesses.

3. I see that many of you remember well playing Pokemon way back when. This was a mix from the first-gen of the series, so I would have accepted Red, Yellow, Blue, or the prototype Green for a correct answer.

4. I'm saddened at the low score for this, but it also explains a later result. Sega ran their attitude campaign very well in the 16-bit era, and Sonic the Hedgehog helped to put Sega into the game. A classic song was taken from his first running adventure.

5. Ahh, Battletoads. It's the classic internet meme. And what part did I think people would remember? Those damned motorbikes in stage 3- the place where I'd guess more than 90% of Battletoads players gave up in frustration...

6. I wasn't sure how this would go over, but it looks like quite a few of you remembered Street Fighter 2. And I'm glad to see it, even if I prefered using Chun-Li...

7. This one makes a sad dunno. Tetris, the classic puzzle game, also cited for selling several Game Boys. And since it was best pegged to the portable, I used my favorite music from the Game Boy version. I guess not many others liked this one?

8. A list with several classic games wouldn't be complete without a Mario game. But everyone knows Mario's music. So how could I mix it up a bit? I took Super Mario World's bonus area, and got the mix for a low timer. I didn't get too many of you with this one!

9. I thought this would be the easiest. I've never even played Portal, but I knew this song was closely tied to it. And I really wanted something newer in the list. So in it went.

10. My admittingly hardest one, which was apparently amplified by how few people remembered Sonic. Before Sonic, there was this little puzzle game called Columns that shipped with the Genesis. Even with a VC release later, it remained as the least-guessed game on the list.

And thus ends this round. Son1x has expressed interest to me in doing round 2, so the ball will be in his court for this. Stay tuned! ^_^

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

Around the Network

I'm so stupid. I wanted to guess Sonic on 4 and never posted the 8 because I didn't remember 1 (thus didn't send another PM). Oh well...

I'll host the next round later this day.

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

I guessed Sonic 3 -.- I knew it was Sonic, but it didn't sound "early Genesis" to me -.-

And SF2 was my first guess for 6, but I ended up guessing Megaman X -.- Silly me.

Round 2 is up:
http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=105083

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."