By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - To Microsoft and Nintendo fans

Gilgamesh said:

How do you compare Sony's first party games with your favorite video game companies games?

Are they impressive?

Not bad?

Horrible?

Even in the same league as your favorite games?

People prefer a system of choice, because it usually has game they prefer.  For XBox, it has a niche in FPS, so an FPS fan prefers it over what the PS3 has.  With the Nintendo fan, Mario's stuff is unique.  For a Sony fany, they will generally prefer the Sony first party.

As for myself, some of the first party exclusives are among the top franchises I like.  Uncharted is one of them, as is Ratchet and Clank and LBP.

Around the Network
Seece said:
"Microsoft has nothing"

Halo says hello.

I don't like Halo

NOW WUT?

^_^

Nintendo first sony second.

Starting this gen Sony has been getting closer to Nintendo, after all the blunders they have made this gen then only thing the got really right (and this is probabaly the most important aspect in gaming) is creating their own 1st party franchises.

This sets up for next gen to be really exciting in form a game wars between Sony and Nintendo.

MS has still long to go but so far what they have acchieved is very good but they still need 3rd parrties to be able to survive, after this gen I dont think Sony will realy need 3rd parties and will be able to hold their own just like Nintendo, that is if Sony keeps up producing 1st party titles they way they have done so far.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

skeezer said:
Seece said:
"Microsoft has nothing"

Halo says hello.

I don't like Halo

NOW WUT?

Now you buy a PS3.

I like Ms better than Sony simple as that.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

let me tell you my honest opinion:(of course this is based on my taste)

MS never invests in big (expensive)risky games that they are not sure would return the investment like heavy rain or little big planet or shadow of colossus,etc...,,it's just not in their business practice.(sony gives these developers alot of support and hypes these niche games to hell by giving them lots of attention in their gaming events)

Nintendo never really invest in gory games like god of war or killzone type of games,,,so as a mature gamer in order to get a quality gory game i have to look else where.

so at the end i think sony is a very balanced combination of nintendo and MS.That's why i like them.

In my opinion Nintendo and Sony/Microsoft games are just not comparable. their appeal is way to different.
And i like them equally as long  as they have high quality and keep me entertained. And they do!

but i admit the exitement for fit, sport and party games developed by Nintendo has worn off for me. but hey theres Mario and Zelda!

Wenn killerspieler in killerspielen killerspieler killen, dann killen killerspieler in killerspielen killerspieler.

leo-j said:
hsrob said:
leo-j said:
This thread should not be opinion based..

I don't mean to pick on you but this is a really stupid statement.  Of course it should be opinion based, that's exactly what Gilgamesh is asking for.  Without opinion we would all just be playing Metascores and GTA IV is the best game this gen.

I personally, generally have a preference for Nintendo first party games above all others as a feel they tend to have a certainly intangible quality that many other developers can't achieve, or at least achieve as often.  However I am a gamer first and foremost and enjoy top quality games from any developer, Sony included, and their best games are in the same league as Nintendo's.

When people have never even looked at sony's first party achievements, it makes them look incredibly biased, and that includes every single poster in this thread.

All three have had great first party achievements. If you can't see that you're biased.

ph4nt said:
Microsoft has nothing.

Sony does have some pretty decent titles (isn't uncharted first party?)

But still Nintendo takes the cake in terms of quality and quantity. No other company pumps out so many good games every year.

Wow at the ignorance, I'll take that as sarcasm since your profile claims you own a Xbox 360.

leo-j said:
This thread should not be opinion based..

Yes lets all be mindless robots..